100amp 3phase socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is rumoured that 125A 3 phase c-forms cannot handle 125A. I've always found that the fused switched isolators are only rated at 100A.

MTFU the supply by using 400A powerlocks instead....

thats a big plug for the kettle :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:coat
You should see the kettle :^O

Its for some lighting on a set... filming in the car park of a mill... nearest power is three floors up!!! Wiring a socket from the DB then running a 100amp extension lead out of the crane doors down the side of the building and into the basement car park connected to some distros, not worked out how to support the cable down the side of the building yet!!!

Thanks for the links guys.

You should see the kettle :^O Its for some lighting on a set... filming in the car park of a mill... nearest power is three floors up!!! Wiring a socket from the DB then running a 100amp extension lead out of the crane doors down the side of the building and into the basement car park connected to some distros, not worked out how to support the cable down the side of the building yet!!!

Thanks for the links guys.
you say there a crane, so i assume a girder sticking out of building? some kinda of rope attached to this, with cable fixed to it is probably best. maybe attach on ground and use crane to lift up

The crane is there but about 40years old so wouldn't fancy using it!!!

Good idea with the girder though.

I think my climbing harness will be accompanying me to work for this one. It was funny watching the lighting lads face as I opened the doors to check they still opened when we were looking at the job... he suffers a little from vertigo I discovered!!!

The meter room is on the ground floor but there isn't a DB there just the switch fuses to the DB's on all the floors.

Most of the floors have had cabling and DBs taken out. The only floor with a safe enough (best of a bad bunch!) and big enough DB is the 3rd floor unfortunatly!

I'd go for the 125A C/form however they are a S.O.B. to mate!

Camloc's do let you put your fingers into live connectors however!