Map for Business Directory (check your pin) **UPDATED**

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaps, I have created a map with all the listings in the business directory to make it a little easier to find your local sparky.

Can you please check your locations? I have used as much detail as you provided - some just listed town others gave postcodes. I will move people but I'll get annoyed if you all want them moving a couple of inches!

Feedback, but this has taken ages so be nice!

For latest see post #62

Googlemap.jpg
oh bumholes, here's the link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116250562579566586921.000474f5a1340da03f07f&ll=53.514185,-2.702637&spn=7.437398,26.652832&z=6

Chaps, I have created a map with all the listings in the business directory to make it a little easier to find your local sparky.

There is a glitch when I try to embed the html so I have done a screenshot. (if I try to embed html all I get is a blanc map)

Can you please check your locations? I have used as much detail as you provided - some just listed town others gave postcodes. I will move people but I'll get annoyed if you all want them moving a couple of inches!

Feedback, but this has taken ages so be nice!

(College directory to follow)
I know the feeling patch - Over 98% of the work I do for this forum is the same. :_|

Thanks Buddy. :x

I noticed that The Addresses and telephone numbers etc are not showing. I thought they showed as standard, Patch?

I have tried clicking the HTML links and it isn't showing any.

Am I doing something wrong Mate?

How's this Mate? Can you see the map?

The only problem with a map is that it slows the forum down.

Or at least, it does on my Computer.

I am sorting them out to put them in alphabetical order.

DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO ADD THEIR BUSINESS, BEFORE I DO IT? (On Google Maps).

I can't believe there is only one business listed in Wales? And only a couple in the South West of England. And WORSE... None in Ireland or Northern Ireland.

What would be good Patch - is if we can add a number to the "Pin" with a corresponding Number and a list of business names on the left.

I don't want too much info on there (google) as I want the hits to come back here to get the relevent information from the Guys's Advert.

Thnaks again for all the time and effort that you put in, Especially as I know you are busy at the moment. :x

Last edited by a moderator:
What I was going to do was add a link back to the advert on the site.

Do you need the log in I created Admin? I made a new one so you can have it?

Ok - I've updated the listing so the name is a link to the advert in the directory.

Can people please check there link's work as initially I linked them all to Badger Blushing

Just click the name - can be done straight from the map

:D

Ok - I've updated the listing so the name is a link to the advert in the directory. Can people please check there link's work as initially I linked them all to Badger Blushing

Just click the name - can be done straight from the map

:D
Is Badger bribing you to get all prospective customer leads through him first!? X( :eek:

Is Badger bribing you to get all prospective customer leads through him first!? X( :eek:
No, but he's first in the directory so the link was sending everyone there!

Blushing

Best to check you own!