Bust router....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well we have been offline since 10 am this morning, due to technical difficulties here with moving phone lines to the study room.

normal service has now resumed im glad to say, and both the phone lines are back in full operationl working standard :^O

thats enough talking bo!!@X for me today :^O :^O

Gosh - life without the interweb. Is that possible? My kids don't seem to think so. If he router or cable box dies it's a major disaster!

My router is Dlink one. I changed my old belkin for this one because it has the facility to block just my son's internet between set times, and block a list of websites from all computers on the same schedule. He had the habit of playing a game in his room, then going to "Have a bath" and in reality continue the game on a non-blocked PC. I can also look at what websites are being visited in real time and the router logs traffic when my pc is switched off. Bloody steep learning curve to do it, but the kids know they can't access stuff they know we would class as inappropriate without cyber-dad being able to find out, and them getting their connection severed or restricted. Always felt that best parental control was parent in room looking at what is being viewed. In a way this is better as they have privacy in their own rooms.

but the kids know they can't access stuff they know we would class as inappropriate without cyber-dad being able to find out,
Don't think for one minute that your kids ain't smart enough to Google phrases such as "anonymous proxy, bypass whatever software you have in place, etc"