DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Disboard Change

RussellR

I promissed some pics of a disboard change, this is actually a different board in another part of the factory, but got some in progress shots.

Forgot to take any of the out side of the board once closed so will snap some later in the week and post those, but here is the change as it happened.

First two are the new merlin gerin board

Next lot are the old board and me stripping out

18 on show the new board going in and wired

post-5281-134963554394_thumb.jpg

post-5281-1349635544_thumb.jpg

post-5281-134963554405_thumb.jpg

post-5281-13496355441_thumb.jpg

post-5281-134963554415_thumb.jpg

post-5281-13496355442_thumb.jpg

post-5281-134963554425_thumb.jpg

post-5281-13496355443_thumb.jpg

post-5281-134963554435_thumb.jpg

post-5281-134963554441_thumb.jpg

post-5281-134963554446_thumb.jpg

post-5281-134963554451_thumb.jpg

Andy™

nice

Crumbs you have been busy. I must say those mg boards are good I like the isolation switches makes them a lot safer than other 3ph boards. Keep up the good work.

Batty

I love MG too, as you say particularily the isolation switches, also you can feel tghe quality when you operate the breakers etc, I fitted a few RCBO's on this one and they are lovely too.

Only thing that was a bit annoying is half the MCB's came branded as Merlin Gerin and the other half as Schieder the parent company, guess they are in the middle of a changeover.

green-hornet

Very nice work.

I can not fault the MG boards, I would prefer to use them every time.

green-hornet
I love MG too, as you say particularily the isolation switches, also you can feel tghe quality when you operate the breakers etc, I fitted a few RCBO's on this one and they are lovely too.

Only thing that was a bit annoying is half the MCB's came branded as Merlin Gerin and the other half as Schieder the parent company, guess they are in the middle of a changeover.

Wait for the square D ROTFWL

I believe they are part of schneider now

Done a fair few of these. All depends on the situation, whether trunkings, conduits need adjusting, etc

Anything from 1day to 2 plus whatever for testing (for a pair). I've done many a 12way in a day. 24way obviously takes a longer.

Hi Tim

There was quite a bit of cable extending etc. with this one, and some other problems, such as banjo's and earth links missing on some of the SWA's, I also spent some time chasing two circuits that had been added and not documented, so had to work out what they were. also had to rewire the feed to one of the panels. I did most of the job on my own and it took a weekend (Two 10 Hour days), had another pair of hands briefly to mount the board on the wall. Then another half day to test and document.

Plus probably a half day beforehand planning and ordering components etc.

yeah, its a very neat job. Its quite hard to get db change that neat.

I can only echo what the others have said Russell Mate.

A beautifully, Neat piece of art work, you have done there.

BTW, I have copied the pics, rotated them the correct way and re-uploded them for you, OK Mate?! My head hurt - and felt like I had BT(itis). Lol.

I have also given you a 'Scoob' for that Mate. :P

i have never had a scoob :_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:(

That's because you don't deserve one badge. ;)

:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_| im always picked on always have been always will be!! headbangheadbangheadbang:(:(:( ill get me :coat

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Recently changed a SquareD three phase board for a larger SquareD board, not as nice as MG boards.

The Merlin Gerin name is going and it's just going to be called Schneider electric from now on. The SquareD name carries on.

Archived