Disboard Change

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussellR

Reaction score
I promissed some pics of a disboard change, this is actually a different board in another part of the factory, but got some in progress shots.

Forgot to take any of the out side of the board once closed so will snap some later in the week and post those, but here is the change as it happened.

First two are the new merlin gerin board

Next lot are the old board and me stripping out

18 on show the new board going in and wired

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 026.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crumbs you have been busy. I must say those mg boards are good I like the isolation switches makes them a lot safer than other 3ph boards. Keep up the good work.

Batty

I love MG too, as you say particularily the isolation switches, also you can feel tghe quality when you operate the breakers etc, I fitted a few RCBO's on this one and they are lovely too.

Only thing that was a bit annoying is half the MCB's came branded as Merlin Gerin and the other half as Schieder the parent company, guess they are in the middle of a changeover.

Very nice work.

I can not fault the MG boards, I would prefer to use them every time.

I love MG too, as you say particularily the isolation switches, also you can feel tghe quality when you operate the breakers etc, I fitted a few RCBO's on this one and they are lovely too_Only thing that was a bit annoying is half the MCB's came branded as Merlin Gerin and the other half as Schieder the parent company, guess they are in the middle of a changeover.
Wait for the square D ROTFWL

I believe they are part of schneider now

Don't quite understand why they would drop a brand as strong as Merlin Gerin.

Done a fair few of these. All depends on the situation, whether trunkings, conduits need adjusting, etc

Anything from 1day to 2 plus whatever for testing (for a pair). I've done many a 12way in a day. 24way obviously takes a longer.

Hi Tim

There was quite a bit of cable extending etc. with this one, and some other problems, such as banjo's and earth links missing on some of the SWA's, I also spent some time chasing two circuits that had been added and not documented, so had to work out what they were. also had to rewire the feed to one of the panels. I did most of the job on my own and it took a weekend (Two 10 Hour days), had another pair of hands briefly to mount the board on the wall. Then another half day to test and document.

Plus probably a half day beforehand planning and ordering components etc.

Looks very complicated but interesting to do, looks good well played.

yeah, its a very neat job. Its quite hard to get db change that neat.

I can only echo what the others have said Russell Mate.

A beautifully, Neat piece of art work, you have done there.

BTW, I have copied the pics, rotated them the correct way and re-uploded them for you, OK Mate?! My head hurt - and felt like I had BT(itis). Lol.

That's because you don't deserve one badge. ;)