DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Apprentic/Adult Trainee Pay Rates

SeánH

Question

Well evening all,

Just a quick question regarding the title really.

What is the going rate for an apprentice? i.e. minimum wage/set rate (

10 answers to this question

i am 24 , when i started after i had done my 2330 LV2 - and i am employed by a one man band for 9.50ph , they class me as a electrcial improver .

hope that helps

i guess its all down to how much you need to live... you got your own place you are going to need more than

JIB National Standard Rates 2009. (Not London)

With own transport:-

Tech

Hi Vinnie,

just to clarify one point to you, for apprentices aged 16 to 18 years on a recognised apprenticeship ie NVQ L2, then minimum wage does not apply for the first 12 months of their training course and the employer can pay

I do know that the minimum wage doesn't apply to apprentices.

My understanding is that the minimum wage does apply from the 2nd year of an apprenticeship onwards.

As for a JIB Registered Apprenticeship, the employer signs a contract to pay the JIB rates of pay throughout the apprenticeship. In practise, of course, this may be different to what is paid - but contractually it must be.

I do know that the minimum wage doesn't apply to apprentices.

ok thanks for the replies everyone, its cleared alot of things. Looks like i'll just have to send some cv's out again, thanks again

I started out as an adult trainee on 7.50 and a friend of mine started on 8.00 - its as much as you can get basically

I think a lot will depend on how much your employer can afford to pay and the extent of your knowledge. Remember your wages have got to be justified.

Batty

I think starting wage for an apprentice is about 3.60 and hour. Labourers about 7.50 and you'll more than likely have to pay for your own college fees. Not sure how much an adult trainee gets.

Archived