2391- any good books

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
Hi all

I have booked My 2391 for next year and i was just wondering if you could recomend any good books

Cheers

The whole course is based around Guidance Note 3 so that is essential

The whole course is based around Guidance Note 3 so that is essential
Just so you know

Borders (book store) give you 20% off any book relating to courses if you take in a letter showing you are on a course, or a student card (if doing 2330 also and want books for this)

The Guidance Notes 3 is in there for

Hi allI have booked My 2391 for next year and i was just wondering if you could recomend any good books

Cheers
Hi Danny.:DGuiness Drink

As the others have said you have GOT TO have a copy of Guidance Note 3....

As this IS the main guidance relating to part 6 of BS7671 Inspection & testing.

obviously it reference back to the relevant regs that each paragraph refers to.

If you don't get yourself a copy its a bit like trying to work with one-hand-tied behind your back & a balaclava over your head backwards! :|

Another useful "Cheaper book".....

which you may want to get now, while you save up your pocket money till you can buy GN3, is...

Brian Scaddan:- Inspection Testing & certification (For C&G 2391-10 & 2392-10)

ISBN 978-0-7506-8719-5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/17th-IEE-Wiring-Regulations-Certification/dp/0750687193/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254774274&sr=1-1

It will help to start you thinking in the right frame of mind, very easy to read.

colour pictures, ref tables etc..

Also has some sample questions at the back...

AND the associated sample answers! ;)

good book for the

hi all,

i just passed the 2391 on the 1st try at it and i did most of my revision from the scadden book as i found it easier to understand than the gn3, i had no pervious testing experience before hand

hi all, i just passed the 2391 on the 1st try at it and i did most of my revision from the scadden book as i found it easier to understand than the gn3, i had no pervious testing experience before hand
well done! Guiness Drink

hope I can do the same, not long till i sit mine I hope

hi all, i just passed the 2391 on the 1st try at it and i did most of my revision from the scadden book as i found it easier to understand than the gn3, i had no pervious testing experience before hand
so it can be done without experience? that's good to know. only problem is my college have told me no 2391 without 2392headbang. are they on the con?

Refresh my memory as to which book that is please?

Do you mean the "17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations: Inspection, Testing & Certification - By Brian Scaddan". Is that the one you meant for the City & Guilds 2391? (C&G 2391-10 & C & G 2391-20)