Grrr, holiday companies wind me up!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Why is it so difficult to book a holiday!!

Been looking to go skiing next year, but with not too much in the penny dept. it had to be a cheap deal. Andorra popped up and seeing as I drove through all the skiing resorts there earlier this year we decided on this, as its cheap with still pleanty of skiing for us novice/intermidiates.

Scour teletext online for cheap deals, checking the hotels on tripadvisor because a lot of the cheap ones are dives as you may guess. Finally come to one at 250quid per person. Right we'll book it right now. Phone up, call centre worker - 'hi yes that price doesnt include 58pound per person transfer, 16pound per person baggage and 5quid card charge (expected). So that now totals 324pp. Still being cheap I agree, she puts it through. Oh shock horror, the price of the flights have gone up by 60quid each. So thats now 384pp. A whole 268 up in total from the original price!!

Goodbye!! headbang

Went on their own actual website. Flights are 55pp return, hotel is even cheaper, mustnt have updated it all. Whole holiday 300pp.

Finally!! Rant Over

Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink

No such thing as a cheap skiing hol unless you wanna stay in prostitute ridden / mafia run Bulgaria. I went to Italy last year with Mrs C and the two kids -