Yellow pages

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicks electrix

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I recently registered with Elecsa as PART P. Could anyone please tell me if it is worth while advertising in the yellow pages and yell.com. I just spoke someone from yellow pages and it sounds convincing but on the other hand some electricians say it dont pay for itself. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about it too and decided not to as i am on a border of 3 books, I also feel the book covers a to lage an area, some places in my local book are 2 hrs away, i put a free listing in and with in hours had 4 call trying to sell me things.

i would say dont wast your money

yellow pages is good for the odd local job from people who cant use computers etc and still use the old fashioned way. yell.com doesnt get a great deal of work, but there are a few national companies who have found my details from there which ive got work from

Like a lot of people my Yellow Pages & phone directory go straight into the paper bin. If I want a telephone number I use the internet.

yellow pages is good for the odd local job from people who cant use computers etc and still use the old fashioned way. yell.com doesnt get a great deal of work, but there are a few national companies who have found my details from there which ive got work from
Yelow pages definetly gets enough work to merit expense, but never found Yell much use - possibly because of a lack of website for follow on information.

We had a discussion about this on here before and the money I spent on Yellow Pages wasn't worth it (bordering on wasted). I can't speak for other areas but I took a decent sized add out in my 2 local books, it cost me plenty and I struggled to recoup my money from it.

If you decide to speak to them they'll send a some slick salesperson out (like you had on the phone) and make sure you screw his/her price right down to their bare 4r5e because they are struggling themselves and were even before the current financial climate kicked in.

As with Deke, local newspapers for me.... where, incidentally, I have seen Yellow Pages advertising!!

I think this is an area issue, it really depends on where you are, maybe inner city is better in yellow pages.

around my area we have a small blue book called local pages and most people i have spoke to say they use that, the only problem is that it comes out once a year so have to wait until march!

Local is better methinks. Also, like you said Paul, for the first 3 months all I got was nuisance charities, and other would be advertisers calling me.

when i phoned them they quoted me 4 grand, and that was just yell.net not even the book, i said no way so the guy said ok what about 2 grand, ummmm still a no, 500 quid then he said, errr i'll think about it. he still phones every now and then. next time he phones i will suggest they give me 6 free weeks for a tester.

Hi EveryoneI recently registered with Elecsa as PART P. Could anyone please tell me if it is worth while advertising in the yellow pages and yell.com. I just spoke someone from yellow pages and it sounds convincing but on the other hand some electricians say it dont pay for itself. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does Elecsa have any discounted package arranged with Yellow pages?

I know NICEIC seem to have some sort of agreement because..

my yellow pages advert in the NICEIC corporate box costs around

Does Elecsa have any discounted package arranged with Yellow pages?
ive just noticed on the elecsa site there is a bit about an advertising scam with them. it doesnt say any prices or anything, just to contact the, for more info

I do remember when i got assessed the assessor did mention advertising under the elecsa for approx

Jeez Guys,

There is a perfectly great place here in our Directory of Electricians. Which is Completely FREE !

I will say no more.

Other than Electricians and Electrical Contractors - Get your businesses listed in there.

yellow pages is a waste of money for me after saying i would pull all advertising with yellow pages they done me a smallish box for not alot. Yell.com does bring a few phone calls but hardly anything compared to other forms of advertising, if i had my time again i would just be with yell.com with a standard advertisement.