Megaflow

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordy71

Reaction score
Our company had a call back on a job today that i went back to, turned out to be a faulty 2 port valve, but anyway there were two pumps one for heating one for water. heating pump was fed from p/overun boiler as normal but water pump next to megaflow cylinder was fed from water on signal on clock so pump was running even if cylinder stat wasnt calling for heat. All we did was wire the new boiler up to existing system so wasnt sure if this was done for plumbing reasons as i understand megaflows are sealed systems. Or should the pump have been fed from the pump live on the boiler? thanks guys!Guiness Drink

Was the pump for just circulating hot water, could be if its a big house with a lot of pipework?
Yep that does sound like it could be a secondary return system.

Yes the pump was just for the water circuit, the house was big, but couldnt understand why it was fed from the programmer as there were plenty of wires for it to be fed from the boiler "pump live". Maybe its because mega flows are such high pressure?

it will be a bronze pump slitely yellow in colour and its for the secondary return for the hot water.

other posibility is the install is air sourse were it needs a second pump for de frost mode but not in this situation .

I normally feed them from seperate supply and put timer on them. I would imagine the set up is it only comes on when DHW is on.

Batty