NIC EIC v Elecsa

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom79

Reaction score
hello,

A little way off before I go down this route but I am wondering now, is there any massive benefits from joining NIC EIC over Elecsa or visa versa? what I mean is.. does it matter at all who I join? will I get more business joining one (maybe from a search on there website for an installer for example)

Thanks

someone has said that councils etc will only use nic but i'm not 100% on that.

nic do have a bit higher profile but to be honest, the people i have done work for dont have a scoobies who any of them are, as long as they get a cert they dont mind.

the resons i hate nic :

thay will selly you anything they can

cert books are twice as much as elecsa (actualy elecsa assesser told me to download they free from there website)

they are up their own axxxes

oh and that fat faced t**t tony cable.

i'm with elecsa btw

what kind of work do you do? I've gone with elecsa as I'm starting out and only in domestics.

If you want to venture to commerical and industrial I'd say go for NIC, a few insurance companies want business to have only NIC registered sparks.

We are NIC and I have never been in a scheme with anyone else, Our inspector is pretty precise about things, but he is very helpful and definately knows what he is about.

They are quite helpful on the phone and during registration discounted standards etc for us.

main plus for nic is they are well known, they have been quit helpfull to me, they even gave me a call back about compleating certs, and this is before i am registered

ALL of the scheme providers meet the essential criteria for compliance with Part P,

The overall costs are not that vastly different...

If one scheme wasn't doing a proper job.....

They would loose their approval status to administer Part P compliance.

The bottom line is... IT IS YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!!

personally I am with NIC... I have NO complaints...

and I personally believe the money I invest in keeping my standards for Part P compliance / enrolment up to date is NOT wasted!!!

e.g. I get it back off my customers! ;) :| :)

Last edited by a moderator:
do u have to pay the same fee every year for nic

do u have to pay the same fee every year for nic
Yep! same each year! :)

You are confusing me Tom1......

original post Tom79....

current post Tom1..... :| ?:|

arghhhhh:(

the names all sound the sameBlushingBlushing

hows an old bloke sposed to cope....

I think I shall have to do what I did with Deke.... (I called him Sandra you know;) ]:) !!! :D :^ O)

and it stuck! ]:) ] :) ]:)

Tom1...... I nominate we should call you Jenny!!! :D :^O

make it far less confusing IMHO???

I shall go and ask Patch & Admin & Sandra right now I think....

Can we pleasePray pleasePray pleasePray call Tom1 'Jenny'!!!!?????

:DBlushingBlushing:p

:coat :coat:coat

thats what drinking and maths and late nights do to u

anyway it would not be right as jenny is my weekend name xx

thats what drinking and maths and late nights do to uanyway it would not be right as jenny is my weekend name xx
If I ask nice Deke/Sandra/Deke will lend you the Red Stilettos & wonder-bra!

But I need em on 24th Oct! ]:) :pBlushingROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

:p

:coat

Thanks for that guys

what kind of work do you do? I've gone with elecsa as I'm starting out and only in domestics.If you want to venture to commerical and industrial I'd say go for NIC, a few insurance companies want business to have only NIC registered sparks.
It will be domestic work I will do,

the fees between the 2 do not seem that different do they, the fees for a 2nd visit (if needed) are more with the NIC EIC but I hope it would not be needed. Interesting how some jobs you cant get unless you go with NIC EIC, it kind of forces you to them?

Im not even that sure how I can go about getting the jobs for them to visit without being approved, they ask for a copy of a test cert dont they, but how can I produce one of these without being able to test my own work ?:|

You can test your own work though, Mate.

You can test your own work though, Mate.
You can?! see now I always thought the whole point of joining NIC EIC was so you can test your own work, so if I can do this anyway, what am I joining for? so now I can just do work, test it long as I inform the building people? :eek:

You can?! see now I always thought the whole point of joining NIC EIC was so you can test your own work, so if I can do this anyway, what am I joining for? so now I can just do work, test it long as I inform the building people? :eek:
you can do it that way but you have to inform them before you do the job, and they will charge and take 6 weeks to say yes do it.

so if old lady wants another socket in her kitchen you quote her 50quid LBC will charge too (gloucestershire council want 370 quid) so add this on that will be 420 for 1 socket!.

when you join a scam you dont have to notify LBC before the job. you do it after you have done it.

the cost with elecsa to notify is 1.50 nic 3.00 (1.50 to notify 1.50 for insurance)

so by joining is a no brainer

Oh I see, ok thanks. I am just trying to work out how I can get the jobs for them to inspect (NIC EIC to inspect that is) so this is good info thanks all.

It does seem to me that the N I C are the more well known and maybe that is why the councils for example will only use N I C registered electricians . I have heard good things said about the other schemes maybe they should sell themselves a little better as good competition will benefit everyone over all .