book keeping packages

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys,

can anyone recommend an easy to use accountancy package?

at present i'm using a 'passed' down spreadsheet but as business is growing i'd like to use something a little more adventurous/involved lol....

theres any amount on t'internet but i'm a firm believer in recommendation

thanks in advance

I use Sage too, and love it can produce an invoice in a minute

I'm just starting to move over to Sage - Wifes an accountant and she did nothing but moan doing my last end of year so I've given in and bought it just to shut her up.

Got it with Act bundle which I'm trying to make use of, but as it doesnt sync with my phone I'm not getting much return from that bit.

A word of warning Betty - Sage is great if you understand the language of accountancy - if you don't then it is a very long learning curve. The accountants love it because it speaks their language. For example there is no "correcting mistakes" - everything stays recorded. You also need to understand what ledgers are, how credit and debit accounts work - not very straightforward. Oh and General Journal Entries - I could go on. Yes Sage is the best - but I dont speak Spanish either! Intuit Quickbooks and Microsoft Accounting are cheaper and easier for those of us not well versed in Accountantese!

I'm just starting to move over to Sage - Wifes an accountant and she did nothing but moan doing my last end of year so I've given in and bought it just to shut her up.Got it with Act bundle which I'm trying to make use of, but as it doesnt sync with my phone I'm not getting much return from that bit.
Subs

i thought it was just me who got in the neck from the accountant at home...

i didnt buy mine ,,borrowed it !!!!

Please tell me you dont pay for yr year end !!!!!

i do the PAT Testing in her office,,she does my books

I use sage for another business i run with my wife and its fantastic....untill something goes wrong! it is very indepth and like andy says its accountant talk so you need to be carefull.

you also need to check each invoice for vat add up as i have noticed somtimes ita a penny out.

also if you know some one with it you can just upload it to yours lol!

another note, as andy says there is no hiding, if you put somthing in it stays in! tax men love it, its best to back up regular so you can do a restore!

Subsi thought it was just me who got in the neck from the accountant at home...

i didnt buy mine ,,borrowed it !!!!

Please tell me you dont pay for yr year end !!!!!

i do the PAT Testing in her office,,she does my books
Yeah, I pay, but only cus it brings the profit line down. As she's listed as a director it doesnt make much difference to me

Is there an annual "software maintenance" fee for Sage.... something like

On Sage to use the support on the internet and phone help it is about

I got the Instant Business Package which comes with 12 months of free online support. The telephone support package for 12 months is