capping, oval,etc

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
whats the best way to get this on the wall? I hate the stuff.

Did I hear someone say large headed plaster board nails at one time?

clout nails. hammer them through a few mm form the edge of capping into cement. if the cement is too hard, a red plug next to capping with nail half in and hammered over does the job

for capping you can buy proper capping nails which have a small washer which slides up shaft as you knock them in - as for oval tube i drill a 5.5mm hole at various points either side of tube and then use galvinised conduit crampets which i bend the tops over and they work extremeley well.

use proper masonary nails

if the cement is cak and the brick to hard use a 4mm sds to drill

the brick half the length of the nail. then when you nail into the brick the nail

will go in atleat 1/2 its length and be in good and tight

i hate capping nails ect, so i use screw plug and penny washer, i think it saves time.

belongs in the museum along with 2x2 trunking,pyro,fire tuff and non pre wired pcr2000's :^O

Pray

All depends what wall is made of. Breeze and thermalite you can usually get away with 65mm galv nails. If its old walls you usually end up having to use extra long nails in sand and lime. For flettons if mortar is not to hard I use nails out of clips in morter but as always every job is different and will come with experience.

Batty

Capping nails work, if the material is good enough, failing that I use clout nails.

If the brick is really hard I drill and use capping plug or red plug and clout nail or screw.