fused radial off a ring?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrocuted

Reaction score
good evening

added a fused radial to a ring,containing 4 double sockets on 2.5mm T+E ,after checking the integrity of the ring.

come testing you retest the ring r1,rn ,r2 but the R1+R2 will be the furthest socket in the radial .

just wanted to make sure.

good eveningadded a fused radial to a ring,containing 4 double sockets on 2.5mm T+E ,after checking the integrity of the ring.

come testing you retest the ring r1,rn ,r2 but the R1+R2 will be the furthest socket in the radial .

just wanted to make sure.
correct

recorded R1+R2 is highest reading obtained from circuit which should be your farthest point i think.

Hate to disagree but the R1+R2 would be the ring main only not the end of the radial as it is protected by the 13A fuse in the FCU.

As R1+R2 = (r1+r2)/4

Hate to disagree but the R1+R2 would be the ring main only not the end of the radial as it is protected by the 13A fuse in the FCU. As R1+R2 = (r1+r2)/4
Yes that is correct for a ring r1+r2 test.

The radial will be tested at the furthest socket on the radial giving a seperate result for that circuit.

Yes that is correct for a ring r1+r2 test.The radial will be tested at the furthest socket on the radial giving a seperate result for that circuit.
Yes but what I was saying is that the furthest socket on the radial would not be the R1+R2 as the is another protective device in the circuit aka the FCU fuse.

It is the same as when you have sub-main supplying a DB you do not put the highest R1+R2 of a circuit off the DB for the R1+R2 of the sub-main cable do you.

Hate to disagree but the R1+R2 would be the ring main only not the end of the radial as it is protected by the 13A fuse in the FCU. As R1+R2 = (r1+r2)/4
the R1R2 of a socket on fused spur is normally less than req'd for MCB for ring, so i normally just not that. only if the R1R2/Zs is too high for MCB will i make it seperate.

Yes that is correct for a ring r1+r2 test.The radial will be tested at the furthest socket on the radial giving a seperate result for that circuit.
hi GH where woukd you link up L+CPC to to get R1+R2 for the radial ,would t.at be at the FCU? ,

Surely the reading marked on the form for R1+R2 is the continuity of the ring taken from the board or a socket on the ring? The value of Ze is the highest measured value, and will logically be at the end of the radial.

Surely the reading marked on the form for R1+R2 is the continuity of the ring taken from the board or a socket on the ring? The value of Ze is the highest measured value, and will logically be at the end of the radial.
Ze is external. Zs is at the sockets