Any ideas??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oracle

Reaction score
Hi y'all

Been asked to quote/look at a job... nothing difficult.

Client would like a feed running into his detached gym/workshop, with some outdoor sockets on the way.

That part is ok, 4mm SWA radial feeding into some masterseal D/S and then continuing to his workshop, into 2 sockets, and then FCU'ed down to the inside light.

But, they have also asked if they can have some outside lights. They would like the outside switch to be next to one of the outside masterseal sockets.

I was thinking of simply fitting a masterseal FCU (to act as the light switch) next to the D/S and from that feed 3A to the outside lights.

If I can avoid running a separate feed from the CU for the two ligths it would be good.

Any other ideas/solutions?

Thanks,

O.

Why not run 4 core 4mm2 SWA used cores as follows:

Live for sockets - from 16A MCB

Live for lights (inside & outside) from 6A MCB

Neutral for both circuits

cpc for both circuits

Hi guys,

The client has only one spare RCD way on the CU. I need to check if there is a spare non rcd'ed way (potentially use RCBO) but will need to keep separate neutrals - starts getting more interesting and expensive

The first outside double socket (and requested light switch location) is very close to the house, and not the outbuilding.

O.

I would go with your original idea.

Use a four core and you have a spare core for switching. If its run into a spur with a 5amp or 3amp fuse you can not go wrong really.

Saves all the extra cables, and each circuit is protected at source by the RCD.

Hi there,

Thats what I was thinking... still not cheap with MK gear

O.

Hi there,Thats what I was thinking... still not cheap with MK gear

O.
GET do some quite nice looking outside gear, simialr build quality and is alot cheaper than masterseal.

Latest posts