DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

MAX Zs

sorry if this has been asked before but ive been on a job today were the Zs for a socket was 5.7

the socket was protected by the con unit 30ma rcd. I am aware (I think) that with rcbo's you can have up to 1600 Zs but is it the same if its the split boards RCD?

thanks

confused

liverpool

haha yeah thats another story.

the tails and earth come into his consumer unit via the house next door. im assuming its tns as no overheads in the area but couldnt get access to confirm

if there is a 30mA RCD or RCBO, then max Zs is 1667 ohms. although in reality, you have serious problems if you get near to this. and for a TN, there may be loose connection with the reading you have

The first thing I would do is verify your Earth path to make sure you have a Earth connection and not using a parallel path ie. water pipes, and do a Ze at the consumer unit, or if the supply comes from next door it may be supplied from a fused isolator in which case do the Ze there CJS

Archived