Thinking about other ways

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
I am currently on a C&G 2330 lvl 2 and im finding it very hard to get an apprenticeship or just to work for free. I have gone through the yellow pages and sent 60 letters off all asking for me to work with them for 2 days a week free of charge and still no one wants to take me on. I saw some aerial installation companies in the yellow pages and im thinking of applying for some voluntary work with them.

I know its a bit different to being an electrician but at least it would get me into a working environment with real situations. I also have found out that there is a C&G course just for TV & Aerial installations.

Does anyone do this or has experience in this field of work? Do you think its a good idea for me to get into?

Thanks guys :p

Unfortunateley times are bad with the recent reccesion, there are plenty of fully qualified electricians on the dole just now.

TV & Aerial installations will be very different from being an electrician and will offer you no experiance with regards to electrical work. It is very much plug and play, grunt and moan.

However if its work you want, it is an option, and a possible back door to employment later with an electrical contractor, however remote.

Latest posts