DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Here I go again.....

Subneural

Subneural

Just had a customer call, can I give them a price for socket in the kitchen behind the cooker. New gas cooker coming and it needs power for the ignitor.

I just know I'm going to go round there and it will be an old rewireable board with no RCD, no bonding and inadequate earth.

I'll put a price in for doing a 'proper job' and they will get some spur wearer to come in and bang a socket in the wall for twenty quid.

Andy™

that story sounds very familiar

"whats the gas and water got to do with my electrics?"

They may have a cooker point already that could have a spur put on it to reduce supply.

Batty

I had a look at a domestic job yesterday, Burning smell from a socket people have recently moved in, I was getting continuity from live to earth (due to a nail being through the cable). no problem there, but speaking to the client he said the breaker never went, opened the board and there was a nice bit of wire linking the breaker out !!!

Which was burned, and was slowly devouring some of the other wiring. On further exploration I found several other faults, So now we are into a new CU, replacement of a large part of the wiring and fittings.

So you have to feel for the customer sometimes :)

I had a look at a domestic job yesterday, Burning smell from a socket people have recently moved in, I was getting continuity from live to earth (due to a nail being through the cable). no problem there, but speaking to the client he said the breaker never went, opened the board and there was a nice bit of wire linking the breaker out !!!

Which was burned, and was slowly devouring some of the other wiring. On further exploration I found several other faults, So now we are into a new CU, replacement of a large part of the wiring and fittings.

Shame it didn't catch on fire and burn the previous owner.

Batty

has anyone noticed a increase in people wanting periodic inspections when they have just got the property inline with the morgage companies requests? i used to get a occasional 1 but they are becoming quite regular now...

PC Electrics

Can't have been like that more than a few weeks or months at the most surely? That being the case, they ought to take legal advice ref the previous owner leaving it in such a dangerous state.

Archived