Double Dimmer Switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered what rating dimmer to use. Each dimmer is going to run 5 x GU50's so 250W each dimmer.

Thanks in advance

Gu10 dimmers need derating but 50% so you would need to use 2 x 500 watt. Some dimmers don't need derating the ones screwfix sell made by halolite don't I know.

Batty

sorry to hijack this thread,

but can someone explain about derating dimmer switches?

The one that Batty said about in above post is the one I used in the end from Sfx. It said inside No De-Rating required as per what Batty said. I think it may be something that has to be done with Halogen light but im sure someone will come along with a better answer than mine

cheers

The one that Batty said about in above post is the one I used in the end from Sfx. It said inside No De-Rating required as per what Batty said. I think it may be something that has to be done with Halogen light but im sure someone will come along with a better answer than minecheers
How did if fit? I've used one of those before and it was very tight fit, not so much depth but the size of the dimmer is huge. The box I was putting it into had 4 lugs and i had to somehow get rid of the vertical ones to get it in.

Latest posts