Virgin media bundles

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wozz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone got one? tv / phone / broadband

how much do you pay? i keep getting quoted different prices and dont know whether to believe them or not!

I have a few m8's who have virgin they just bought the basic package and then bought one of http://www.iwantabox.com/ these to get all the other stuff free i.e Films and Sport channels they even get the adult channels all free as well.

You just update the codes that come out via PC.

i used to have all three but i used to get charged the odd fiver here and there for so called ordering adult channels. i never ordered theses channels so when i phone up and question they put it down to a mistake and then would credit the next months bill. i used to have the XL package thought the tv channels were average it also did not have any sky sports, they wanted an extra

i agree with GREEN-HORNET sounds familiar i canceled mine. If only canceling was as easy and quick as signing up.

Well, we can't get freeview here until 2012 so had cable installed years ago. You can always get a better deal out of them by threatening to leave. I usually ask for the deal they offer new subscribers and always get it. It lasts for 6 months or so, then you have to ring them up again. Just tell 'em you kept your BT line and quote Tiscali's rates.

What we absolutely love is Virgin Media's catch up TV. It's Iplayer without having to watch it on your PC. We watched last night's x factor on the big TV and didn't even have to fast forward the ads as we would have had to if we'd have recorded it. It's like having a video that records most things you want to watch as long as you see it within the week.

cheers for the replies lads, anyone have problems connecting or anyhting like that? i will be on fibre optic.

cheers for the replies lads, anyone have problems connecting or anyhting like that? i will be on fibre optic.
None so far for me...Pray

My top speed does vary depending on time of day/demand etc..

I have reached 1.7MBpsApplaud Smiley

B-)

Well, we can't get freeview here until 2012 so had cable installed years ago.
How odd. No freeview signal but cable access.

We will never get cable here. We don't even have mains gas! Freeview is ok tho.

How odd. No freeview signal but cable access.
Not really. We live in a large town, but the TV signal is not from the Rowridge transmitter where we live (in a dip) bit from the local repeater. That's what isn't going to be upgraded until 2012. Houses a bit higher up, or over the crest of the hill can get it fine.

Not really. We live in a large town, but the TV signal is not from the Rowridge transmitter where we live (in a dip) bit from the local repeater. That's what isn't going to be upgraded until 2012. Houses a bit higher up, or over the crest of the hill can get it fine.
I have a similar problem..

headbang

Ext15