Removing old circuit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

persistant1

Reaction score
Hi all

Ime looking for some info with regards to removal of an old circuit that fed a power shower. I just want to know what testing would be performed if any and if a cert is required.

Thanks

Guiness Drink

Well thats what i thought but since it is clasified as a major works since i am removing a circuit surely there must be some record kept of the work undertaken.

make a note on DB schedule etc that circuit is removed. and thats about all you can do. after all, if its not there anymore, you cant document it being there. bit like going to a house and finding there is a cert to say there isnt a shower circuit wired....

Thanks mate only reason i asked is because ime joining one of the happy clubs and thought i could use it as one of my jobs for inspection since my other jobs are not 30 minutes away from each other.

i dont removing a circuit would be any use for assessment. i could easily take assessor to any house and say 'i removed a circuit. cant show you because its not here anymore, but the proof is the board label does have a circuit crossed out'

Seems a good idea but will look if i can do a job for a friend near by wich i can submit. Or else its back to breaking down walls and wiring cow sheds for me

mate check with the body you want to register with. Most of them you can do work on the house or flat that you live in for your assessment.

I have looked into it and they require 2 majors or 1 major and 2 minors. Ime submiting my own place as a major upgrading the cu for landlord free of charge aswell arent i nice, but its to my own benifit. and i only have one minor nearby was some lv downlights

Will check again on that one then because did make my enquiries some time ago and was with the niceic. Theire not my favourite but they are more well known than the others. Will certainly give elecsa a call.

Thanks to all ime off to the pub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will check again on that one then because did make my enquiries some time ago and was with the niceic. Theire not my favourite but they are more well known than the others. Will certainly give elecsa a call.Thanks to all ime off to the pub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nic want to see 2 jobs, 1 eic and minor

elecsa just 1 eic

Last edited by a moderator: