certificate or not.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
Evening all,

rewiring a 3 story house and Everything has been ripped out including old board as far as henly blocks.

Now they need a temp supply and only need one socket circuit / 1 dual socket on each floor. So Simple, 4 mod enclosure rcd MS and 20 amp radial circuit 4mm T+E. Now would anyone cert this or not.

many thanks

Macca

you should at least test it to make sure its safe. maybe write an EIC stating temporary. cover yourself incase anything goes wrong. i have some certs specially designed for temp supplies. let me know if you want the, and ill remove my logo's etc and email them to you

Yes - In full agreeance with the others - Issue Cert - Back Covered.

Thanks for the replies.

now my problem with cert is 7 pages for one circuit on a normal Eic. now generally I wouldn't cert these as I believe they would be covered under the final cert of the installation. Nod Nod Wink Wink.

now to make things even more interesting I might even use this one for my annual Nic (rip me off) eic assessment.

Reg 131.8 page 16 reminds us..

ALL work Temporary or Permanent has to be done proper! (paraphrase version!)

and

Reg 631.1 page 163 reminds us..

completion of new installation OR alteration to existing installation then

an appropriate cert should be issued! (paraphrase version! again)

IMHO

you are adding a NEW circuit, (albeit "temporary") so issue an EIC!

there is boxes for comments about the installation where you can write any special notes..

e.g. "Temporary supply awaiting completion of building works."

Job done..

Back covered..

Pants on straight..

Sleep sound!Blushing:x;)

7 pages for an EIC? Give over!

I've created my own version of the standard IET form from 7671 in word. 4 pages and most of it filled in ready to go. PM me your email if you'd like a copy.

7 pages yes,

The only certs i have are the purple Domestic EIC which have ,,,,,,you guessed it 7 pages.....

headbang

7 pages yes,The only certs i have are the purple Domestic EIC which have ,,,,,,you guessed it 7 pages.....

headbang
you dont have to use them. you can use any you want. some of the ones i use are only 3 pages - schedule of test & inspections is on same page

Worst case senario. Builders mess with temporary socket wiring when you are not there, building worker gets fatal shock because earth is not connected/ RCD is bridged out, its all your fault cos you can't produce original test results . High court action brought by HSE, . "This man Macarooni, M'Lud was negligent in his actions, he claims he did the job correctly but alas there is no proof that did so"

" I hereby sentence you to 100 years hard labour , take him down " :_| :_| :(

7 pages yes,The only certs i have are the purple Domestic EIC which have ,,,,,,you guessed it 7 pages.....

headbang
Thats why I don't us the NICEIC certs its bad enough filling BS7671 ones let alone having to fill another three pages in.

Batty

headbang
7 pages??????

what scheme provider are you with??

NICEIC Domestic EIC are only 3 pages

Page 1

details of client/installation address / comments

Declaration signature bit...

Installer details name address etc..

comments

next inspection date.

Page 2

supply characteristics

particulars of installation at origin

schedule o items inspected / tested

Page 3

Circuit details / Test results

Meter serial nos

I cant see what you would put on 7 pages????

the old green PIR's were 6 pages..

New 17th green PIRs 4 pages.. (basically and EIC + observations page!!)

But 7...

in the words of Victor Meldrew..

I Doooooont Beeeeeeeleeeeive IT! :eek: :_|