Website help required!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSElectrical

Reaction score
Hi all,

We're in the process of updating our website - www.rselectrical.co.uk - business is suffering, so we need to get this as good as we can. Any tips or advice to improve it would be much appreciated!

Warm Regards,

J

Try to make the site 'visually' more appealing (better contrast of colours) etc.

(And targeting on key areas of your business)

Don

Hi all, We're in the process of updating our website - www.rselectrical.co.uk - business is suffering, so we need to get this as good as we can. Any tips or advice to improve it would be much appreciated!

Warm Regards,

J
I agree with the Don - but really appreciate the friendly way you come across. Could be picky and say it's not good practice to start a sentence with and or with numbers - but that isn't going to lose you any business.

If anything the text is on the small side - so struggle to read it clearly (curse these varifocals!).

My daughters company have recently had there website done - funnily enough by our local newsagent. Think he did a fantastic job and was amazingly cheap. Have a look - and if you think there is mileage in it I could put you in touch.

http://www.plymartech.co.uk/

I used to live at Peasedown St John and work at Foxhill - so know your area. I trust Bath is still a real ale Mecca!

Cheers

Dave

I agree with the Don - but really appreciate the friendly way you come across. Could be picky and say it's not good practice to start a sentence with and or with numbers - but that isn't going to lose you any business. If anything the text is on the small side - so struggle to read it clearly (curse these varifocals!).

My daughters company have recently had there website done - funnily enough by our local newsagent. Think he did a fantastic job and was amazingly cheap. Have a look - and if you think there is mileage in it I could put you in touch.

http://www.plymartech.co.uk/

I used to live at Peasedown St John and work at Foxhill - so know your area. I trust Bath is still a real ale Mecca!

Cheers

Dave
Well I ain't no web-site expert...

but I would agree the contrast of background & text makes it harder to read.

Perhaps more shorter bullet points would allow larger easier text to be used?

some of the sentences are a bit repetitive..

for example the opening sentence...

90% of our work comes from referrals; referrals from people and companies who have been so impressed by the quality of our services that they have taken the trouble to recommend us to their friends and colleagues
could be said with less words..

"90% of our work comes from referrals from exsiting customers who have been impressed with RSElectrical quality and services."

(or something similar?)

Maybe put the personal recommendations on a separate page that could be viewed if required...

leaving bit more space on the opening pages for key points on what the business offerers?

The other point that strikes me is keep check on how much it costs to upgrade your site...

If 90% of the work is from refereals...

who are the target who will be using the website...

IMHO on the domestic side People normally check friends & family if they know a good spark?

before picking a stranger from phone book / Internet etc.. ?:|

Thats my two penny worth done! :|

Latest posts