Max demand on cert question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Hello all,

Doing thre cert for a shower install, but I have a question with the max demand. The tails split at the meter and it has 2 seperate fuse boxes, one for the flat and one for the economy 7, so for the max demand should I include the E7 board or not?

Thanks

Hello all,Doing thre cert for a shower install, but I have a question with the max demand. The tails split at the meter and it has 2 seperate fuse boxes, one for the flat and one for the economy 7, so for the max demand should I include the E7 board or not?

Thanks
Include both (But mention this on the comments box), I believe..

:D

I'd say no. Calculate your MD for each board separately and put down whichever is highest. E7 is only used in the night when everyting else is off (normally) so adding them together isn't really valid. Include the immersion heater with the E7 figure tho' as that's likely to be on at the same time. Include leccy shower too if there is one.

Remember, it's an assessment of max demand, an imprecise science at best.

I'd say no. Calculate your MD for each board separately and put down whichever is highest. E7 is only used in the night when everyting else is off (normally) so adding them together isn't really valid. Include the immersion heater with the E7 figure tho' as that's likely to be on at the same time. Include leccy shower too if there is one.Remember, it's an assessment of max demand, an imprecise science at best.
^^ what he said. you have 2 different loads. one to be used at night, one to be used through the day. they will rarely overlap, so adding them together isnt going to help