Upping sticks & moving elsewhere.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc

Reaction score
I can't find any work up here (Hull/Grimsby area), so am thinking of moving elsewhere to find it. Has anyone got any experience of doing this? I haven't got a great deal of cash, so would need to be earning enough to live. How difficult is it to relocate?

I'm only part-qualified (to 2330 level 2), with not a great deal of experience. I'm tired of ringing people to be met with "no sorry not at the moment, but if you want to send your CV in..."

I know it's difficult everywhere at the minute, but the jobs have to be somewhere.

Any advice/comments/job offers (Pray)?

Thanks.

I know it's difficult everywhere at the minute, but the jobs have to be somewhere.

Any advice/comments/job offers (Pray)?

Thanks.
It is, and it's not going to get any better fr a considerable time..

However there is work out there, somewhere??

(A member of my family (bricklayer) travels up and down the country literally, every week to earn his keep).

:|

Kev

Marc have you tried ringing around local building firms at all? not the best of work but at least it is work.AndyGuiness Drink
Have contacted a few of them, often met with "not at the minute mate." Will be trying the rest of them in the near future. Looking to get my CSCS card to improve the chances!

Kev - Yep, it's just a matter of finding that work! Is your brother self-employed? How has it affected his personal/family life?

Thanks,

Marc.

HI Marc, Im a fully qualified sparks having served a formal apprenticeship i am also PART P registered and i am having to do steelwork at the moment just to make ends meet. From what i know there is not a lot of work in the essex area.