DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

what make of VDE hand tools are you using

rugbymacc

i use ck tools...... combi 3 is a must.

but i'm also interested in the wiha Inomic .

Has anyone tried them out ????? . if so what did you think of them ? O)or]:)

cheers

NWS for cabling tools and Irolazolas when I get them, I used to have them and they were the dogs testicles.

AndyGuiness Drink

Those CK Combi 3 seem to get slated by most poeple as they say they don't work.

Is this true?

Got a mix and match in my tool kit

Knipex snipe nose pliers. (longer than most others i found)

NWS Side cutters (2 sizes)

CK Screw Drivers, and some Stanley ones and some odd match ones that ive had for a fair bit of time now.

Probs some other random stuff aswell.

NWS for cutters/pliers, CK for screwdrivers

Facom screwdrivers, Channelock pliers, long nose, knipex side cutters, Britool spanners and a big lumphammer make unknown.........

CK Combi 3 (not worked out how the hell they bend the conductors over though) and Irazola all the way.

NWS for cabling tools and Irolazolas when I get them, I used to have them and they were the dogs testicles.

AndyGuiness Drink

That's what I carry around in my bag Applaud Smiley

On the combicutter tool, where the insulation stops there is a small groove to place conductor in. Its a 2 part process, where firstly you bend conductor over to 90degrees and then open up handles further and realign the bent conductor back into the groove and squeeze firmly which should result into nice terminal end.

CK screwdrivers and CK Combicutter 3. Absolutely love the bit for bending conductors over. Always comes out really neat.

N W S side cutters , Knipex pliers , Wiha screwdrivers and using Irazola screwdrivers now and I'm very impressed with them , the dogs doo dahs !! Guiness Drink

Glad to see lots of people use NWS. The muts nuts in my opinion! Got the grips from toolspot also good kit. As far as drivers go I use Facom.

First day in the new job today and left my nice channelock pliers (which I bought in NZ) on the job (a school kitchen) I have to go back tomorrow so hope they are still there - probably under the frier I was installing!

First day in the new job today and left my nice channelock pliers (which I bought in NZ) on the job (a school kitchen) I have to go back tomorrow so hope they are still there - probably under the frier I was installing!

I hate that and its always your favourite tools you lose.

Batty

I hate that and its always your favourite tools you lose.

Batty

Perhaps the most used (& useful) Batty?

Don & His Boys

CK screwdrivers, CK/NWS cutters and Pliers and Knipex cutters. The knipex cutters I've had for longer than the CK's/NWS's and are the best ones I've had.

Lidl VDE screwdriver sets as a backup on the van - surprisingly good! Lidl pliers and side cutters do just fine at

I personally use Drapers expert VDE range. I find them not only comfortable to handle and use but also the range of terminal driver sizes are from 2.0mm and the next sizes go up 0.5mm each!

I have about 3 x 3.5mm in my tool bag at the moment, a few weeks ago I had 6 but you know what its like! I must have left a few under a floor here and there!

I personally use Drapers expert VDE range. I find them not only comfortable to handle and use but also the range of terminal driver sizes are from 2.0mm and the next sizes go up 0.5mm each!

I have about 3 x 3.5mm in my tool bag at the moment, a few weeks ago I had 6 but you know what its like! I must have left a few under a floor here and there!

At that rate you won't have any. Welcome to the forum bluechip.

Draper value kit that I got when I started my course!

The drivers are good, if a little battered now. The side cutters are getting to be rather blunt now though.

Got a nice pair of NWS cutters that scared the heck out of the missus when she saw them...

Other than that, the usual collection of bits and bobs that you pick up on the way.

Archived