what make of VDE hand tools are you using

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugbymacc

Reaction score
i use ck tools...... combi 3 is a must.

but i'm also interested in the wiha Inomic .

Has anyone tried them out ????? . if so what did you think of them ? O)or] :)

cheers

Those CK Combi 3 seem to get slated by most poeple as they say they don't work.

Is this true?

Got a mix and match in my tool kit

Knipex snipe nose pliers. (longer than most others i found)

NWS Side cutters (2 sizes)

CK Screw Drivers, and some Stanley ones and some odd match ones that ive had for a fair bit of time now.

Probs some other random stuff aswell.

NWS for cabling tools and Irolazolas when I get them, I used to have them and they were the dogs testicles.AndyGuiness Drink
That's what I carry around in my bag Applaud Smiley

On the combicutter tool, where the insulation stops there is a small groove to place conductor in. Its a 2 part process, where firstly you bend conductor over to 90degrees and then open up handles further and realign the bent conductor back into the groove and squeeze firmly which should result into nice terminal end.

CK screwdrivers and CK Combicutter 3. Absolutely love the bit for bending conductors over. Always comes out really neat.

N W S side cutters , Knipex pliers , Wiha screwdrivers and using Irazola screwdrivers now and I'm very impressed with them , the dogs doo dahs !! Guiness Drink

Glad to see lots of people use NWS. The muts nuts in my opinion! Got the grips from toolspot also good kit. As far as drivers go I use Facom.

First day in the new job today and left my nice channelock pliers (which I bought in NZ) on the job (a school kitchen) I have to go back tomorrow so hope they are still there - probably under the frier I was installing!

First day in the new job today and left my nice channelock pliers (which I bought in NZ) on the job (a school kitchen) I have to go back tomorrow so hope they are still there - probably under the frier I was installing!
I hate that and its always your favourite tools you lose.

Batty

CK screwdrivers, CK/NWS cutters and Pliers and Knipex cutters. The knipex cutters I've had for longer than the CK's/NWS's and are the best ones I've had.