am2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkonrad

Reaction score
hi there

im am going to be doing my am2 soon. i have seen the control circuit for the motor and i cant understand it, i have never wrked with anything like this before, so would like some advive on how it is wired. cheers

fig_c.gif

which part do you need help with?

if you wire exactly as the diagram you can't go wrong. Most if not all of the connection numbers are the same on the equipment, so its just point to point wiring.

I'd echo Sellers' comments, the candidates I've sent for AM2 all say it was easy because it was exactly as on the drawing, I think the links on the contactor are in place, you just need to do the feed in, the feed to the motor & wire the remote stop/start/inch buttons, as I remember it when I took AM2 myself (some years ago now...) the assessor said "it's wiring by numbers, can't go wrong..."

fig_c.gif
which part do you need help with?
Hi Guys, I've been informed that the motor is prewired from the distribution board already and we only need wire the control circuit.

Where abouts do you take your live and neutral supply from to power this control circuit on the AM2 test?

I'm sitting the AM2 on Monday; my college doesn't have a motor rig like this set up, which may surprise some of you, but certainly doesn't surprise me! I feel fairly confident wiring it up from the diagram....

Thanks, Chris

Hi Guys, I've been informed that the motor is prewired from the distribution board already and we only need wire the control circuit.Where abouts do you take your live and neutral supply from to power this control circuit on the AM2 test?

I'm sitting the AM2 on Monday; my college doesn't have a motor rig like this set up, which may surprise some of you, but certainly doesn't surprise me! I feel fairly confident wiring it up from the diagram....

Thanks, Chris
iirc, you wire between DB to contactor, contactor to motor, contactor to neons, contactor to push buttons. some wiring on the contactor is already done. as already mentioned, its pretty much wiring by numbers. very hard to go wrong

thanks for the help, when i saw the drawing i sort of freaked out cause couldnt understand it. but if you just conect wires from number to number it should be a gift. another question, when doing the lighting circuit how do you connect the landlord switch and how is the emergency light controled

there are 2 methods of landlord switch

either add switch as a bypass between common and opposite ends (light will not flicker off if any switches are operated) or (easiest method), put landlord switch accross both strappers of switch in same box (light will flicker off/on if any switches are operated)