code 1?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicspark

Reaction score
No visible bonding of services.

What if there is no visible pipework? headbangApplaud SmileyheadbangApplaud Smiley

No visible bonding of services.What if there is no visible pipework? headbangApplaud SmileyheadbangApplaud Smiley
So there is bonding ?? but you can't see where, or no bonding at all??

I would code 2 - its not an immediate threat to life and limb as in exposd live conductors, but does need recitification.

If pipework isn't visible it can't be touched, so would it need bonding anyway??

So there is bonding ?? but you can't see where, or no bonding at all??I would code 2 - its not an immediate threat to life and limb as in exposd live conductors, but does need recitification.

If pipework isn't visible it can't be touched, so would it need bonding anyway??
all the pipework is behind various panels clamps would not look good on bathroom tapsROTFWLROTFWL

all pipework is bonded in the eves/loft. Readings to MET are satisfactory

doesn't comply though:^O

. Readings to MET are satisfactorydoesn't comply though:^O
If readings are good, and cable sizes correct. I would mark it code4 - does not comply, or possibly code 3 for further investigation. Or does it not comply in some other way???

the pipes are not visable so the bonding clamps are not visable

i would not code it . thats if the readings are ok

Are we talking main or supplementary bonding here?

If main, then it would be logical to assume that the area of the gas meter / water stopcock would be accessible?

If it`s supplemental, then your meter should be able to provide readings between the pipes in the loft, as they enter bathroom; and perhaps the valve of the radiator? The value of this reading should be LOWER than the result to the MET!

HTH

KME

Are we talking main or supplementary bonding here?If main, then it would be logical to assume that the area of the gas meter / water stopcock would be accessible?

If it`s supplemental, then your meter should be able to provide readings between the pipes in the loft, as they enter bathroom; and perhaps the valve of the radiator? The value of this reading should be LOWER than the result to the MET!

HTH

KME
not always mine is bonded were the water enters, this is compleatly boxed in. the stop clock is about 50cm after

Ok , the whole house is pannelled or boxed ( so as not have any nasty pipes showing anywhere) Even the incoming oil and water are "built in"

the stop cock protrudes through a hole in the panel (taphead only)

metal taps and stainless sink though

main bonding is in the eve (Next to the swallows nest)

Does it tell the time ????? lol joking mate
BlushingBlushingBlushingBlushingBlushingApplaud Smiley

i am not joking there is an actual clock that isolates the main water, it near my sink.

cock is a rude word

no excuse i C***** upBlushing

BlushingBlushingBlushingBlushingBlushingApplaud Smileyi am not joking there is an actual clock that isolates the main water, it near my sink.

cock is a rude word

no excuse i C***** upBlushing
Sure thats not the water meter?

All electrical safety connections should be visible and accessable for maintenance and inspection.

So if you are referring to any bond with suitable warning label to BS standards, I would alway code, as this was a requirement under the 16th edition as well as the 17th I would code it as a 2.

If you where to present this job as an assesment you would fail the assessment because the work does not conform.

All electrical safety connections should be visible and accessable for maintenance and inspection.So if you are referring to any bond with suitable warning label to BS standards, I would alway code, as this was a requirement under the 16th edition as well as the 17th I would code it as a 2.

If you where to present this job as an assesment you would fail the assessment because the work does not conform.
what if the clamp is sweated into the pipe? no need to it to be visible/accessable... but if its not visible, how do we know its there?!

if there are earths leaving MET and good reading to pipework, code 4, maybe 3. if nothing, code 1

what if the clamp is sweated into the pipe? no need to it to be visible/accessable... but if its not visible, how do we know its there?!if there are earths leaving MET and good reading to pipework, code 4, maybe 3. if nothing, code 1
All connections should be accessable for inspection purposes.

However I would never clamp a lead pipe and would prefer to solder the joint, or use compression tape. Simply because this type of connection is maintenance free does not preclude any required inspection or testing.

One way to test an unseen water connection is to remove the earth cable from the met or cu, using a wander lead(nulled or zero'd) test between the stop tap and the end of the earth cable. This will give you a reading that you can cross check in the brb against known readings for cables of various sizes.

A tape measure, and the readings you get can easily verify if the connection is continuous and in the correct size.

Takes a little longer in the testing but at least you can sign the certificate with confidence.

During this test all earths and cross bonding would have to be removed, otherwise you would always get spurious readings.

I would say that of all the requirements that is easy to confirm it is the main bonding to water and gas. Which is why all scheme providers look for the connection and the presence of a warning label.