Elecsa assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
I passed :D B-)

No non conformances.

2 observations, 1 Not having 17th, and 2 I need to brush up on the other building regs.

Well Happy :D

Very nice guy too!

Good manApplaud Smiley

I'm going with Elecsa. Just need to get around to it. Bit concerned about making a balls of the testing. I'm OK with installation and pretty much OK with all the regs but I just seem to lose confidence when it comes to testing even though I can do it.

The Elecsa brigade is certainly increasing.

what do u mean by not having 17th
Not having my 17th edition qualification. I have 16th so have to get my 17th by next year.

The assessment isn't too difficult. I wouldn't call it an assessment as it was more like a chat with a work mate with a bit of testing and a few questions. Can't fault them really.

I would say you need to be quite good on the testing side. Go through your installation carefully and do all the tests as per usual and you can't go wrong, as on the day your only doing what you have already done before.

New circuit. 16A Radial for one socket in the porch. Nice and easy. I had to explain the ring con tests to him. etc. I think with a smaller job you get more questions, but they weren't difficult at all.

sound good mate, well done. i just got off the phone with nic eic they say i need

electricity at work book,

approved doc p

and the regs

did u need all 3 and did u get building regs for your work

I had all 3, except the elec at work I had printed out. Which wasn't right. They wanted the book which breaks the terms down and explains them. The bloke said if I wanted to pass today I'd have to buy one from elecsa which I did. Otherwise I'd get my own and send in proof.

i need to get hold of them then, got 17th bs7671 and onsite guide, also got electricians guide to part p, but will prob have to get approved doc p as well,

New circuit. 16A Radial for one socket in the porch. Nice and easy. I had to explain the ring con tests to him. etc. I think with a smaller job you get more questions, but they weren't difficult at all.
was that at you own home. so its just one minor you need then?

No it wasn't, was at a customers.

and a new circuit is a major.

Ive just applied to join NIC myself and they emailed details of the assessment and a link to download approved document P wich seems that i dont need the hard copy.

Ive just applied to join NIC myself and they emailed details of the assessment and a link to download approved document P wich seems that i dont need the hard copy.
what i just order one for

just done it mate. no charge.

do u have to print it mate.

what u usesing for your jobs

Well i didnt print it cause it has a water mark wich says online copy just downloaded it to a folder. I am changing the cu at my property and installed some lv down lights in a mates bathroom. None of these jobs i charged for but labc stil want