Certs / Forms for NIC assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillpete

Reaction score
I'm going to be completing a ccu upgrade on Friday which I will use for my NIC assessment, I have some Kewtech installation Certs but looking at them they are missing a number of boxes compared to the NIC ones I used to fill out (whilst employed) I'm a bit concerned that the assessor won't like them?? I'm also panicking slightly about what charts and stickers to use I've got two colour and RCD stickers as well as "next periodic due" ready and safety earth for met anything else to consider.

It's TNS and there are 10mm bonds already in place :D

Also what do you think, is it acceptable to have lights and sockets in a lean to kitchen porchy type area which look hardwired to actually be plugged into a socket in the next room??

If Kewtech Certs are no good, is there anywhere I could download a better form or do they have to be carbon copy??

spoke to nic today he said ring up and ask for 17dcm certs they are about

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the certificates you use are to the template given on the iee forms, you are ok to use them.

Your assessor will not be able to give you any detailed tips on filling out any forms other than the official NICEIC forms.

They must be 17th edition and not 16th and filled in as accurately as possible.With no blank boxes, always put n/a in any box not required.

Trouble is I'm booked in for 8am on Friday, so anything in the post is too late now although I could fill out the cert later I guess, Thanks for the info

your doing the cu on fri?

your assesment is on fri?

Thanks NozSparks, the good news is that the form I just downloaded is very similar to the Kewtech ones I have so should fine with them I think :)

The NIC used to send out some sample certs with your "application welcome pack thing" whatever they call it.....

the stuff where the tell you all you need to know about your forthcoming assesment....

it included some small pad's with about 10 EIC. 10 MWC, & 10 Smoke Al certs.

So you would have stuff to be able to fill in, in the style they prefer.

As GH says providing forms are to the model in BS7671... there is nothing they can say...

But if you do get some green NIC ones.. it would carry a few more brownie points on assessment day.

If I were you I would go on there On-line shop & order some Certs & any other stickers you need.! ;)