Initial Verification Newbie!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmacca81

Reaction score
Hi, this probably sounds a bit crazy, but i was thinking of setting up a practice test board as you find on a electrical course. Comprising of a consumer unit, earthing block, 2 bonding pipes, shower circuit (terminated at a 60 amp connector), cooker circuit (also terminated at a 60amp connector), Ring main (5 sockets), Lighting Circuit (2 lights, 3 switches). Just to practice testing!!

My Question is:

Could i use, say a 13amp plug to energise the circuits (to the main switch)?

there will not be any load on the circuit, just worried about the safety factor!!

I understand that my Ze, pefc and pscc etc will have higher readings, not being from the main supply.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Thanks

Im sorry mate, first time on this site. real nice setup though!! Don't mean to sound stupid but i still need to know if it would be ok?

Im sorry mate, first time on this site. real nice setup though!! Don't mean to sound stupid but i still need to know if it would be ok?
Don't apologise for anything! Just my sense of humour.

We've had this question before and basically you can use a 13A plug, but might be safer using a lower voltage! If you are confident and your dead tests check out then I see no reason why you can't energise that way.

Admin just has Admin 2 on a bike, rigged up to a dynamo. She's fit you know.............

:D

Don't apologise for anything! Just my sense of humour.We've had this question before and basically you can use a 13A plug, but might be safer using a lower voltage! If you are confident and your dead tests check out then I see no reason why you can't energise that way.

Admin just has Admin 2 on a bike, rigged up to a dynamo. She's fit you know.............

:D
doesnt admin have an 11KV feed for his rig/motors?!