Main bond to stop tap

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

Quick Q

Priced a job up last night, no bond to gas or water.

Gas a doddle, through wall into garage, done.

Water was a different matter. Im not sure how to do this one.

The closest i can get to the stop tape without causing damage is about 2m!!!

The stop tap is in an unbelievable place.

Its in a corner of the kitchen behind a corner cabinet that obviously cant be removed, tap can only be seen if you remove washer from end of units, and look down the back about a 6" gap.

There is no way or my self, or some one tiny getting to this tap.

So do i just bond it at closest i can actually get? Other wise, means kitchen rip out job ...

Some F'in idiotic kitchen fitters about.... kitchens 2 months old! headbang

I would do the following:

1. Bond where it is accessible

2. Fit a label inside CU stating location

3. Note on certificate

I believe people are overly pedantic about the 600mm rule, access for inspection and testing takes priority for me.

understand with the closest possible, and the 600 rule.

although im going to have to be 3 times that distance away, with a couple of joints in the pipe i can get to.

it is fine even nic say were practical and label the position in cu.

So even if its not on the main incoming water? for instance. its on a leg thats from the main thats T pieced off to supply a washing machine?

before any tee, bear in mind i would do my upmost to get as near as possible.. even down to hole saw a back out of a cupboard and run through the cupboards, i have never had to really i always get close to the stop tap there is always a way. (usually)

The only way with this one, is kitchen units out. If i was to hole saw through a cupboard i still wouldnt be able to reach, as there is another boxing in in the corner where it is.

Either way i would have over 600mm to get to the stop tap its self.

so how would the client get to the stop tap in an emergency?
im a sparky not a plumber, so really not my problem Guiness Drink

but if it was mine, remove washer, get a bit of 2 x 1 about 150cm long, notch end out. and turn tap :)

so how would the client get to the stop tap in an emergency?
prob have to go outside, he will be happy about that when its pi*ssing it down out side and flooding inside