am2 questions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkonrad

Reaction score
hi i have another few questions bought the am2. in the conduit are you not allowed any couplers at all without losing points, i would say i am good at steel conduit and dont have any problems in work but i think puting two 90s and a set at fixed measurements would be awkward enough especially with the nerves. is the emergency light on the same circuit as the light and does the light go out under emergency test? also for the spur you have to wire do you just spur of the socket fitted.

if you have to put a coupler in conduit, then you have to put a coupler in. its not a major problem. i had to put on in on mine (got mine to the exact size of the marking. just used the wrong mark which was 10mm out). when an emergency light is under test, it should be lit. iirc, the lights are on the same circuit, and the spur is from the socket

thanks for the reply but do you lose points for using the couplar. when asking about the emergency light i meant does the key switch kill power to the emergency and the normal light ie do you bring the mains to the key switch then loop of the output for the two way

i cant remember why you loose for coupler. i think it may be one mark.

for em lights, the supply should always be on unless power failure or under test (which simulates power failure). iirc, the em light is seperate from the other light expect there on the same breaker

cheers thanks for the help.

what did you think of the test overall. are they fussy about the pyro and is it worth a lot of points, thats the thing i think il have trouble with. would be grateful any other tips you have

i thought the entire thing was fairly easy. im not sure how fussy they are on the pyro, although i made a slight mistake with this too - it slipped up into DB 30mm when i tightened it, so pot was then in wrong place. nothing i could do to fix it (those olives work!). just take your time and think about what your going to do before jumping in. and remember to put shrouds on before terminating the end! you get 1 chance at forgetting, and thats it!