Anyone ID this timeclock?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry for the bad pic. can anyone ID this timeclock? or any idea of make/model?

IMG00073.jpg

Sorry I can not give you a model or make but I removed one just like it last month.

It was controling the underfloor heating on a flat.

All I remember is it was old. sorry I cant help you further.

it controls some lights. the flash on my phone is brighter than expected! the other photo resembles the sun much more than this pic!

it looks old. some have stopped working properly and are need replaced. just gotta get a somewhat compatible unit (there are many side by side, so need something about the same size!

To be honest andy I can not remember. the timer just switched a contactor so it was easy to replace.

Another reason for taking photos of the jobs you do I suppose.

If I had I would have been able to show you what I did.

I will have to do that in future never know when it would come in handy.

To be honest andy I can not remember. the timer just switched a contactor so it was easy to replace.Another reason for taking photos of the jobs you do I suppose.

If I had I would have been able to show you what I did.

I will have to do that in future never know when it would come in handy.
i havent changed it yet, just got to give a price for it. just thinking if i can get direct replacements and they have a common base, i will be on my way home sooner. although its probably going to be cheaper to add extra time to change to a completely different timer. not sure how long the replacement would last though

I would always quote for like for like replacement.

I never give them the cheaper alternative until they have realised the full amount and value of what is fitted.

Then I tell them there is a cheaper alternative, cheaper materials but more labour.

Only saves them may be

ill give them a choice. at least they will know why its expensive (and that i havent just added hundrends (or in this case, a thousand) or pounds to job

I replaced one of these with a "modern" alternative at a local village school - the head teacher couldn't understand the old one (there is a day selector behind the main dial making it a seven day timer, she kept moving it on then getting no heating on a Friday because the timer thought it was Saturday). Carted the old one about in the van for 6 months, then refitted when there had been a change of head, and the new one failed!

Guiness Drink

Its a sangamo 100%

They are well known for build quality and heavy duty switching contacts

Its a sangamo 100%They are well known for build quality and heavy duty switching contacts
Couldn't agree more, very common in council work. Never seen one fail. And as for swapping like for like, you just keep the bases and just plug in and set the new timeclock.

Couldn't agree more, very common in council work. Never seen one fail. And as for swapping like for like, you just keep the bases and just plug in and set the new timeclock.
there are 2 that have failed. and 12 in total in use. the plug in base sounds good

you wiggle and pull the controls, and the round black base is left behind.

Hi

i am not sure in the pic but.....

that sangamo has the "day" facility in the left corner so you can programme it to be on say mon-fri only.....

there is another model that looks the same that you can specify the latitute of installation so it brings the lights on earlier and later to match the night hours

a very robust unit indeed........