tt to tns to tncs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny... i have just done a simalar installation, same pipe (rod) in the ground and everything!.

it was still a TT though!

massive rod, it still has continuity to the met

well my massive rod had a poor reading! .. but the ground looked very very dry... ended up putting a new rod in, out side in better soil!

you got to watch were u stick ya massive rod these days, can't go in dry

id have a guess that it was TNS, but due to a high earth reading, they have made it TNCS. the link to see between neutral & sheath may possibly be the main earth to the sheath, or just to link the neutral to earth

ze 0.14 its got a pme sticker on it, does that make it tncs

it has got a link between earth and neutral

I may be way off here, but is that pipe not a capped off gas pipe?

Often seen when gas meter and gas main has been replaced, often with the new gas meter being placed in a box outside the property.

Just asking. :)

I may be way off here, but is that pipe not a capped off gas pipe?Often seen when gas meter and gas main has been replaced, often with the new gas meter being placed in a box outside the property.

Seems plausible! :)

I may be way off here, but is that pipe not a capped off gas pipe?Often seen when gas meter and gas main has been replaced, often with the new gas meter being placed in a box outside the property.

that was my thought as well GH! :D :)

i think it may well be now u mention it. yes that would make a lot of sense.

now all i need is a plumber to reconect it so i can avoid expensive bills this winter.

good job i left it in and did not try ripping it out:D

hass danny 7299 used this as a earth rod then?

has danny 7299 used this as a earth rod then?

if he has, it wont comply with 7671! (or... if its been cut in the street so its not part of the gas network, then im guessing it would be an acceptable rod?)

he said he put another rod in aswell so that should cover it