PV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggles69

Reaction score
Hello folks.

I am hearing more and more about this photovoltaic/solar generator stuff. Anyone else up to date on this gear?

Is it going to be a big seller?

Biggs.

At the moment the only concession the government have shown is a relaxed formal planning application.

However the initial costs to the general public are so far out of reach that whilst we could almost eliminate carbon emmisions from our households the cost to the major fuel distributors would eventually cripple our tax system and therefore we have to live for today so the government can have a high life before our planet dies.

All MP's without exception are doing what they do for their benifit and not ours.

If they did anything for us, they would listen before making rash judgments.

They would see that there is an alternative to fossil fuel, and encourage all to use these alternatives.

But allas this would reduce the tax revenue by thousands of billions, so they would have to clean their own moats and build their own duck sheds and pay their own mortgages.

So in answer to your question.

Its never going to happen.

I personally can't see PV cells catching on. Top much loss storing and using the energy. Using solar energy to pre-heat water is a stroke of genius IMO :D

Like everything the cost will fall and it will become more viable.

At the moment the only concession the government have shown is a relaxed formal planning application.However the initial costs to the general public are so far out of reach that whilst we could almost eliminate carbon emmisions from our households the cost to the major fuel distributors would eventually cripple our tax system and therefore we have to live for today so the government can have a high life before our planet dies.

All MP's without exception are doing what they do for their benifit and not ours.

If they did anything for us, they would listen before making rash judgments.

They would see that there is an alternative to fossil fuel, and encourage all to use these alternatives.

But allas this would reduce the tax revenue by thousands of billions, so they would have to clean their own moats and build their own duck sheds and pay their own mortgages.

So in answer to your question.

Its never going to happen.
Blimey they will be funding their own private companies from their expenses next !!! ; \

G-H,

I'm not looking for an arguement here but I'm going to disagree with your reply my friend.

I have been sent all kinds of information (from several sources) showing me how domestic customers can claim government grants for installation of PV and solar equipment right now.

The information also shows how much the new 'feed in tariff' will be from April 2010. When companies can claim up to 50% of installation fees on commercial properties to a maximum of

Problem is you have to be a registered installer to claim the grants ie more training courses and fees...
Aye, plus the added expense of registering with your scheme PER technology ... I'm with elecsa and they want

G-H,I'm not looking for an arguement here but I'm going to disagree with your reply my friend.

I have been sent all kinds of information (from several sources) showing me how domestic customers can claim government grants for installation of PV and solar equipment right now.

The information also shows how much the new 'feed in tariff' will be from April 2010. When companies can claim up to 50% of installation fees on commercial properties to a maximum of

Blimey they will be funding their own private companies from their expenses next !!! ; \
One low-life trough-feeder has recently been copped for just this!

When I was young and innocent, I thought that MPs went into their chosen vocation to do good for the public/nation. How wrong I was!

If prostitution is the oldest profession, then politics by reason of default has to be the second.

How else could a defense be made without a direct answer.