Jimmy Carr

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which joke? Can I answer yes if I find his face offensive?

I find it most offensive TBH . But its the way some smart arses are in this wonderful country. I heard on R5 this morning , some Premireship soccer players were complaining about some of the shouts and chants from the crowd. One player whose cousin had just died got " Hey ****** hows your dead cousin "

Some years ago David Beckham had to put up with vile stuff about his wife and kids.

I just find them nasty, small minded, mob mentality morons.

I'd be interested to hear what some of the 'ex forces' sparks say. I think they have a good sense of humour and I've heard similar jokes from them. Firemen award points out of 10 for imagination with fatal road accidents. It's a way of coping and in good humour.

I don't think he means any harm IMO

I'd be interested to hear what some of the 'ex forces' sparks say. I think they have a good sense of humour and I've heard similar jokes from them. Firemen award points out of 10 for imagination with fatal road accidents. It's a way of coping and in good humour. I don't think he means any harm IMO
Extremely sensible reply there Patch, we are too keen to be offended on behalf of others - political correctness gone mad - don't start me! headbang

There is a difference between banter among squaddies and morons like those unspeakable t**ts who took the P**s out of the young guy who lost both legs and an arm in Afganistan. Sorry but taking the p**s out peoples disabilities does not amuse me, these berks never grow up from the school yard. Pity the kid with glasses, red hair and sticky out ears.

I know , lets find some holocaust survivors and take the **** out of them shall we, " Whats that on yer arm , Mate , a telephone number"

There is a difference between banter among squaddies and morons like those unspeakable t**ts who took the P**s out of the young guy who lost both legs and an arm in Afganistan. Sorry but taking the p**s out peoples disabilities does not amuse me, these berks never grow up from the school yard. Pity the kid with glasses, red hair and sticky out ears. I know , lets find some holocaust survivors and take the **** out of them shall we, " Whats that on yer arm , Mate , a telephone number"
Calm down Sandra - you always get like this on 'thong days'.

All humour takes the **** out of someone. Lets not spend our time getting offended on other people's behalf! You could have a similar rant if we wanted to be all PC and ban black cable for fear of causing offence...........

:D

I honestly think the forces would not be offended by that joke. I could be wrong but a general joke like that would not be taken wrongly. As for the morons taking the p..s out of that poor soldier I see that as a total different thing they should be shot that would do us all a favour.

Batty

He had actually told that joke originally in a hospital not sure if it was Selly Oak and apparently all the injured Army guys laughed about it in the ward. I think JC was trying to get media attention for the situation in Afghanistan and now its all been twisted as usual!

Can someone actually remind me of the benefits that our government sees in sending out our lads and lasses out to places like Helmand Province?

I think bringing them all back home now and maybe sorting out the scumbags that spoil our society in this country would be a much more worthwhile task.

I always think that "make sure your own house is in order, before trying to sort others!".

He had actually told that joke originally in a hospital not sure if it was Selly Oak and apparently all the injured Army guys laughed about it in the ward. I think JC was trying to get media attention for the situation in Afghanistan and now its all been twisted as usual!Can someone actually remind me of the benefits that our government sees in sending out our lads and lasses out to places like Helmand Province?

I think bringing them all back home now and maybe sorting out the scumbags that spoil our society in this country would be a much more worthwhile task.

I always think that "make sure your own house is in order, before trying to sort others!".
Going off on a slight tangent, Help for Heroes is a charity that does some excellent work with severely disabled ex-servicemen. I can in no way decry their methods & motives but this is a charity funded by the general public. Surely this should be totally govenrment backed or have the Labour party absolved themselves of their responsibilities?

Lets face it civvie's will never understand squaddie humour...

There a time & a place for most things in life & this joke from JC was definately wrong place......done in the Naffi bar most if not all service personnel would have :^O ROTFWL Guiness Drink Guiness Drink ...........

A week before we departed for sunny bandit country we had a show put on by Jim Davidson...now there was a stand up comic who by modern terms offended all unsundrie...but by f*** did he make us laugh...even came to the bar & bought the beers.

I find his joke to be ill timed and " in bad taste".

His jokes are about observations, I would also think that most of the service men would find his joke to be slightly humerous, as most of the services have a humour very much unique to their jobs.

The last thing any amputee, or blind serviceman would want is for you to pity them, or treat them differently, at this moment in time a severly injured soldier from Liverpool is climbing Kilamanjaro he was blinded by an explosion, if you need any inspiration for every day living you want to hear the humble words this brave soldier speaks every day about his experiances.

Being from Liverpool he has a wicked sense of humour to as well.

Calm down Sandra - you always get like this on 'thong days'. All humour takes the **** out of someone. Lets not spend our time getting offended on other people's behalf! You could have a similar rant if we wanted to be all PC and ban black cable for fear of causing offence...........

:D
EEE, lad .. I'm that mad, I could crush a grape !!

Hi all,

Speaking as a service man, albeit 22 years on submarines and therefore away from most landmines, I thought his comment was hilarious. I am yet to find a colleague who thinks it was offensive. For me humour like this is what makes the job endurable. There is no room on a dived submarine for mourning and moping. There are no taboo subjects, a death in the family would still be joked about when the time is right. Many of my civilian friends will think differently but we are a special breed.

The BBC recently showed a program called "Wounded" focussing on 2 multiple amputee victims, from Afghan I think. The way they dealt with their wounds and subsequent disabilities was a lesson to us all and had me crying into my shirt.

With the regards to the scum who take the **** because they think they're funny, line them up and I'll shoot the *******s myself.