When we turn the light on the fuse goes bang

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Father once replaced a loop-in rose with a new fitting so that it was on all the time. When I rewired it I found that he had just put all the same coloured wires together. And this is someone who used to know a bit about electrics. :|

Bless 'im.

many times. and of course, it was always wired exactly like that and always worked.

on about half the lights i end up fixing like this, the switch has welded shut, so no matter what they try, it will never work. at one job, the bloke had spent about 4 hours trying to get it working....

cheers pache, son friend, ........ enemy :^O thanks for saying ive messed up always getting a bo!!okin me :( :_| :_| :_|
Badger - set up a duplicate thread with a poll and one of the Mods can merge them, then you'll look clever and like you know what you are doing ;)

Only way I can think of!

I don't mind going out to put peoples cock ups right but it costs extra. I think the worst one I went too the chap reckoned the instructions had told him to put the live loops to earth. Luckily I had switched circuit off before touching fitting otherwise I could have been a lot worse for wear.

Batty