dogs pad cut

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seajayess

Reaction score
Hi my dog has taken a chunk out of his pad on his paw is there anything i can put on it thanks CJS :(

Hi seajayess, my dog cut his pad once so i wrapped a clean dry cloth around it as it was really bleeding.

It was a friday night and i was going out on the lash. I woke up on the couch on the saturday morning and the dog was in the living room with me and there were bloodstains all over my nice new cream carpet. Good news is the dog had licked his pad and it had healed and stopped bleeding

CJS - if the pad was still bleeding then a light bandage to stop it can be applied for a few hours. If there's a slit like it was cut on glass superglue or Germolene New Skin will help seal things up.

Cut paws do bleed a bit and people ring me in a panic, when they get to the surgery they usually have stopped and require no treatment.

The new skin stuff stings when you put it on - beware!

I think Apache will back me up on this one, I have kept dogs for a long time and I can tell you when a dog cuts a pad it bleeds profusely, but do not panick, like Apache says a simple bandage will offer pressure enough to stop the bleeding. I use honey to help prevent infection and to stop bleeding, I know its not vetenary but it works, and it does help to clean wounds.

CJS - if the pad was still bleeding then a light bandage to stop it can be applied for a few hours. If there's a slit like it was cut on glass superglue or Germolene New Skin will help seal things up.Cut paws do bleed a bit and people ring me in a panic, when they get to the surgery they usually have stopped and require no treatment.

The new skin stuff stings when you put it on - beware!
superglue, were you treating animals in vietnam, patch :^O

I think Apache will back me up on this one, I have kept dogs for a long time and I can tell you when a dog cuts a pad it bleeds profusely, but do not panick, like Apache says a simple bandage will offer pressure enough to stop the bleeding. I use honey to help prevent infection and to stop bleeding, I know its not vetenary but it works, and it does help to clean wounds.
Any strong sugar or salt solution inhibits bacterial growth. It's how jam and bacon are preserved. It's messy but may help a little.

Would suggest the bandage to be the best thing :D

Thanks for the replies dogs pad seems to be healing ok he can walk on it a bit now CJS