Charity of the Month...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing a "Charity of the Month".

Where we could all make donations to whichever charity we choose for that particular Month.

I know that funds are tight for a lot of us, but every little would help them.

I am unsure as to what payment methods to accept. Paypal will charge commission, Cheques will have to made payable to the actual charity.

What do you Guys think?

I was thinking of starting off with the "Help for Heros" Charity?

We could dedicate a thread to it.

I await your feedback.

And I have added a poll too.

Sorry to hear that Badge - But we have rotate Charities.

We can't keep to the same one.

We have to give others a chance.

Help for Heroes is a charity that does some excellent work with severely disabled ex-servicemen. I can in no way decry their methods & motives but this is a charity funded by the general public. Surely this should be totally govenrment backed or have the Labour party absolved themselves of their responsibilities?

I don't want to be a Scrooge, but this isn't for me. I give to charity every now and again. If I give once I don't want people to expect it at regular periods. It might just be a one off. I commend you for the idea and the people who donate but I don't want charity pushed in my face.

I'm sorry if this offends its not intended to, just my opinion.

same for me to be honest tim, i do abseiling every year to raise money for marie curie from sponsorship through family friends and also customers for abseiling for them, but i dont donate every month from my own pocket, as i say i abseil and get spomsored for it instead.

I don't want to be a Scrooge, but this isn't for me. I give to charity every now and again. If I give once I don't want people to expect it at regular periods. It might just be a one off. I commend you for the idea and the people who donate but I don't want charity pushed in my face.I'm sorry if this offends its not intended to, just my opinion.
Not at all Tim. Like I said - Just because it is a charity of the month - it doesn't mean that you have to give at all - let alone every month.

It was just a thought - Scrap the idea. :|

It will be too time comsuming me thinks.

No problem with a charity of the month, as you've pointed out peeps dont have to donate just the same as passing by a collection tin in the street.

For me this month is RBL as the charity, it's for all servicemen & women & their families.

The other charities I donate to are

Help for heroes

RNLI

Mencap (my sister is downs)

NSPCC

Dont do charities for abroad though

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html

I'd like to put a plug in for the British Heart Foundation and the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

Not sure that Paypal taking a cut is too significant. Is there a means of collecting money that will allow income tax to be claimed back?

I'd like to put a plug in for the British Heart Foundation and the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.Not sure that Paypal taking a cut is too significant. Is there a means of collecting money that will allow income tax to be claimed back?
justgiving.com ;)

Yes Gents - They will be ALL UK Charities!

I was thinking Wales Air Ambulance at some point as they are the Only UK Air Ambulance that are NOT funded by the Government and have to rely Soley on Public Raised Charity, and when you think that each flight costs in the region of

you setup a donation page to your specified charity by either their name or registration number, make an account for yourself, ie The Electrician Forums for example, then make a new page for each chairty you want to donate each month to.

Yes Gents - They will be ALL UK Charities!I was thinking Wales Air Ambulance at some point as they are the Only UK Air Ambulance that are NOT funded by the Government and have to rely Soley on Public Raised Charity, and when you think that each flight costs in the region of

The concept and idea is a good and honourable one Admin, But personally I don't think I would ever actually donate to a Charity via the forum.

I have my own personally regular choices & charitable commitments

and I also make one-off payments as and when I fell it is appropriate.

Although a "Charity Of The Month" may draw my attention to a particular charity, I would probably find some other means of supporting them via a local collection point. (some Charities operate on regional areas so local money goes to fund local projects etc..)

Its not that I am a Scrooge.. bah Humbug!!!! X(

but existing commitments include:-

• Monthly direct debits for RNLI and Sponsoring a child in less fortunate countries than ours (school books, education etc..)
  • On-off payments to Air ambulance (when the collectors are in town)
  • Various one off Sponsored cycle rides for British Heart foundation & Action Research.
  • And help run youth centre in local town

So although I wouldn't contribute... always interested to hear about works of other charities.! :) :x ; )