[No title]

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday a dog attacked my 8 month old lurcher pup.

The dogs tooth punctured her skin and in the process managed to rip a great big V in her hind leg.

Took her to the vets as soon as I got home, and they kept her in overnight and operated this morning.

I have just collected her from the vets looking very sorry for herself, and I am just glad she is back home ok.

The bill?

Glad your dog is sorted :D

PM me if you want to know anything about pet insurance as I'm not allowed to tell you anything about it.

General advice - read the small print!

what would you have quoted patch? mates rates an'all

Glad your dogs better GH

what would you have quoted patch? mates rates an'all
I can;t quote without seeing the job :D

It depends on the severity. Bear in mind that a big wound would need cleaning and suturing under a general anaesthetic. There would be antibiotics, probaly antiinflamatories. Unlikely to be as much as

I can;t quote without seeing the job :D It depends on the severity. Bear in mind that a big wound would need cleaning and suturing under a general anaesthetic. There would be antibiotics, probaly antiinflamatories. Unlikely to be as much as

If you are not prepared to pay for vet treatment or not strong enough to take your pets to vets when they are ill you should not have them in the first place thats my opinion anyway.

Batty

Glad he's on the mend, and would seriously consider insurance if I were you.

I have two spaniels, one cocker, one springer. It costs

Sorry to hear about your dog. I'm sure it received the best possible care, but it does come at a price. See Batty's post!Insurance is a bloody good idea, takes the worry out of things.

Who are you with?
With Tesco at the moment but I tend to chop and change every year to get the best deal. They tend to give you a good price the first year, (online discount and all that), then hike the price up the second year.

Bez

With Tesco at the moment but I tend to chop and change every year to get the best deal. They tend to give you a good price the first year, (online discount and all that), then hike the price up the second year.Bez
This is ok with young dogs but depending on the breed they become uninsurable around 5-8 years old. Make sure you find cover before your old cover ends as the dog ages!

This is ok with young dogs but depending on the breed they become uninsurable around 5-8 years old. Make sure you find cover before your old cover ends as the dog ages!
Very true, had to stick with original insurer with our old dog. Once he got to 9 years old I couldn't get a new policy for love nor money!

Okay for the moment though, our current dogs are 3 years and 18 months.