Condensation in back of van

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

Best way to stop this? For some reason ive started getting a bit of condensation in the back of my van

Dont really want to fork out the 70+ for one of them ventilators that go on the roof of the van.

Nothing has become damp apart from my first aid kit, nothing in there that could leak, yet the kit is **** wet through :(

Definitely no little saline eye wash? If not get one!

Is van parked outside? Have you put anything wet in there?

If you've had as much rain as we have recently it may have found a way in where it doesn't normally do and be a tiny leak rather than true condensation?

Definitely no little saline eye wash? If not get one!Is van parked outside? Have you put anything wet in there?

If you've had as much rain as we have recently it may have found a way in where it doesn't normally do and be a tiny leak rather than true condensation?
Its parked outside some times.

Nothing wet in there, apart from the missus, shes a drip :D

MY first aid kit is in the bin, so off for another one, my eye rinse kit thingi is still sealed and definitely not that.

It is possible the bad weather/rain has got into the van though.

will have to see how it goes over the next day or 2 :)

Welcome to my world. I have a 54 plate tranny and as well as looking ****e, the condensation is terrible. I have to carry WD40 just to keep snips and croppers etc in working order.

Welcome to my world. I have a 54 plate tranny and as well as looking ****e, the condensation is terrible. I have to carry WD40 just to keep snips and croppers etc in working order.
Strange thing is, it doesnt get near my tools. and not got to them at all.

when i park van outside, its ran to one area...

right on my first aid kit lol

seems to have dried up since parking it inside. I think i very small amount of water may be coming in from a bodge repair by previous owner.

It had a vent in the top, one of them spinning ones and it seems that it hasnt been properly repaired.

Been parking van inside at night, in unit and seems to have resolves the problem. Plus it aint as **** getting into the van in the morning if its been inside lol

Due to water vapour in the air and it getting colder you will get condensation on the inside of your van.

Its the same on car windows.

Due to water vapour in the air and it getting colder you will get condensation on the inside of your van.Its the same on car windows.
the amount i had wasnt just "normal" condensation. It soaked my first aid kit within 2 days.

i am getting some condensation in the boot of my car as well... no leaks though...

but my old drill that i no longer use has started to go rusty...... what a pain...

my old connect seemed to have more condensation inside that most other vans, and it had one of them spinny things on top! was never sure if it made it worse or better.

Nope nothing.

Been parking it in my unit and it seems to have dried out nicely.

Park it outside for 1 night... full of condensation again lol

I'm not getting condensation but it does get a little damp in the back of my Ducato. I can see some of the saw blades suffering already.

Ive checked everywhere.

Although i now think it is the seal around one of the side doors.

There not the best seals in the world for a side door. Think when travelling the passing air is gettng in this way.

Going to see if i can adjust the side doors soon :)