Vizsla, Bloodshot eyes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roys

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One for Patch I think.

Hi Patch, Our 9 month old Vizsla has been in heat for about 5 days, but we noticed that about the same time her eyes have become bloodshot. They are not so bad in the morning but as the day wears on they get worse. We have started putting Optrex in them once in the morning once at night. It does help a little but the problem is still there.

Is it just because she is maybe a little run down with being in heat?

Should we being doing anything else, medication, diet supplements?

She doesn't appear run down except for that as she is a Vizsla after all and would happily run about all day:).

Cheers Steve

When in season their body temperature can raise by a little and could be the cause of this. IF she is happy in herself, not got sticky eyes then I wouldn't worry and see if it goes away when she's off heat.

If it carries on or she is off colour, or you are worried - make an appointment with your vet!

Likely just women and their hormones! :D

Hi Patch

Thanks for that, she is happy in herself, and still plenty of energy.

Should we continue with the Optrex?

Cheers Steve

Hi PatchThanks for that, she is happy in herself, and still plenty of energy.

Should we continue with the Optrex?

Cheers Steve
If it makes you feel better having something to do, but there's no great benefit for the dog ;)

Quick hijack, i didnt know what a vizsla breed looked like, so i googled and found this:

vizsla_matt.jpg

How sweet :x

Those stars are none repeatable!!

Thats one horrid looking gremlin thing. :(

I'll stick with my pic of the pretty pooch thanks :)

Those stars are none repeatable!!Thats one horrid looking gremlin thing. :(

I'll stick with my pic of the pretty pooch thanks :)
Your pic is the right breed, you do know i was just been silly.

For you,

chocolate_lab_pup.jpg

:D

We got a goldfish from the fare. My GF decided she wanted one. It lasted a week.
No im going to the petshop to get one.

Any advice on fish? ive bought a starter pack which consists of bowl (well durr) food and stones for the bottom.

can i keep more than one fish in the same bowl?

And does it have to be a goldfish?

No im going to the petshop to get one.Any advice on fish? ive bought a starter pack which consists of bowl (well durr) food and stones for the bottom.

can i keep more than one fish in the same bowl?

And does it have to be a goldfish?
I know very little about fish. You need to de-chlorinate the water before you put the fish in. You can have more than one together.

You can't mix cold water and tropical water fish nor fresh and sal****er fish.

A means of aerating the water does help.

Don't over feed them.

I know very little about fish. You need to de-chlorinate the water before you put the fish in. You can have more than one together. You can't mix cold water and tropical water fish nor fresh and sal****er fish.

A means of aerating the water does help.

Don't over feed them.
Oh i'll have to ask about that when i go next week.

Thanks