TEF Forum Spark of the Year 2009

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy8758

Reaction score
Been here for a few months now, and some of you posters really impress me.

As a solo spark I sometimes get stumped and I can either find a previous post to answer my Q or make a new post - and someone nearly always comes up trumps. And quite often, the best advice comes from a select buynch of dedicated forum posters (you sure you guys actually find time to work?) and have come up with a shortlist of those who IMHO have excelled.

Agree or disagree? You want to nominate anyone else? Lets run the poll to the end of the month - and if anyone wants to nominate others (bear in mind restriction on number of poll options we can have) - we could re-post this later.

Oh and this is just a bit of fun - many others on here are very valuable too - dont want to diss anyone.

My favourite? I guess Special Location has impressed me most - some of his technical answers leave me wondering how much time he spends sitting on the loo reading technical manuals - lol!

So Merry Xmas to evryone on here who posts - some of you get thanked more than others - but this place has been a valuable resource for me personally, so Cheers!! GuinnessGuinnessGuinness :Y :Y:Y

Shouldn't Apache be in the Vet of the Year category?

Shouldn't Apache be in the Vet of the Year category?
ROTFWL

PS - I have added 'Green Hornet' to the list for you too.

Doh who to choose!!

Well for my part I'd if possible stick a tick in all the boxes, as all have in some way passed on knowledge that I never knew or had forgotten & even corrected me (made me see the errors of my ways :^O ) & of course patch for the ever ready nimble fingers for posting the quick links.

I have to say I do enjoy the banter the no fuss straight to the point advice thats given here, all done with out belittling any individual who asks a question.... so with that said (and because I can only pick one) I remembered on of GH's posts about no question being a daft question (because new forum members new to the industry were worried about asking simple questions at the time) so for that reason GH has my vote.

Got to say,,,, ME ME ME ME

no really ME ME ME ME

I've given my vote to Specs,,, the reason being he does give some great in depth replies, with the reference to the relevant regs.

And he's always blinking on here!!

There all good!

KME should be up there, no nonsence advice. Gets my vote (I'll nip round later for my 20quid ;) )

Got to say,,,, ME ME ME MEno really ME ME ME ME

I've given my vote to Specs,,, the reason being he does give some great in depth replies, with the reference to the relevant regs.

And he's always blinking on here!!
OK

Donkey

signed Sherk

:| X( :(

what!

Where's Admin2 on the list????????

Don't forget... Admin2 keeps Admin1 in check...

Makes sure he stays locked in his shed / workshop / shed, keeping the forum running.

Admin1 would be the top in my book!! :x But as he is a little wayward..

needing firm control & discipline from Admin2...

So it has to be Admin2 is Spark of the year!!!!!Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:x

ANYWAY!!!

the shock news is..

in reality there are ONLY 6 members on the whole of the forum...

Admin2 is a multi-persona entry ...All the clever ones... (and the female members).. or is that a statement of fact.. the clever ones are the females?

Admin1 is multi persona of 4000+ of the quieter lurking members....

Apache is a Vet.. one on his own.. he cant multi-task

KME.. had to go off for a rest cuz he was struggling doing another 1000+

members posts...

McGaw is one of the many persona's where he does our Scottish contingent.!

And Deke/Sandra/Deke is all the others....:)Applaud Smiley:x

:)Blushing

:coat

Think I need me medication again Admin? :(

so I voted "Other"

Happy Christmas one and all!

Guinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

:| X( :( what!

Where's Admin2 on the list????????

Don't forget... Admin2 keeps Admin1 in check...

Makes sure he stays locked in his shed / workshop / shed, keeping the forum running.

Admin1 would be the top in my book!! :x But as he is a little wayward..

needing firm control & discipline from Admin2...

So it has to be Admin2 is Spark of the year!!!!!Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:x

ANYWAY!!!

the shock news is..

in reality there are ONLY 6 members on the whole of the forum...

Admin2 is a multi-persona entry ...All the clever ones... (and the female members).. or is that a statement of fact.. the clever ones are the females?

Admin1 is multi persona of 4000+ of the quieter lurking members....

Apache is a Vet.. one on his own.. he cant multi-task

KME.. had to go off for a rest cuz he was struggling doing another 1000+

members posts...

McGaw is one of the many persona's where he does our Scottish contingent.!

And Deke/Sandra/Deke is all the others....:)Applaud Smiley:x

:)Blushing

Think I need me medication again Admin? :(

so I voted "Other"

Happy Christmas one and all!

Guinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness
I think you do Mate.

Merry Christmas & A happy new year. :)

ROTFWL PS - I have added 'Green Hornet' to the list for you too.
Thanks Admin.

Of course Admin and Admin 2 are disqualified from being nominated - its a bit like BBC employees winning BBC competitions..... on the other hand maybe we should include them both then ROTFWL

i voted other...

4 guys have given me good advice and helped me out big style

2 of the guys are not on the list

I know Theory, He should have added me to the list. Blushing

On a Serious note though, more names should have been added to the Poll.

And maybe, rather than "Forum Spark of the Year 2009" - we could have "Best Forum Advisor(s) of the YEar 2009"?

If Andy wants me to re-do the Poll, I will. And make it Multiple choice. - The problem is that everyone will have to re-vote.

:D

Speaking of Green-Hornet.

Where is he of late?

Speaking of Green-Hornet.Where is he of late?
Maybe he's buzzed off to Copenhagen. :D

They'll probably be a sting in the tail. :p

Thanks to sellers - 20 quid donation to forum xmas lights fund........

I`m not bothered - I got my own smiley yonks agoGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

SpecLoc tends to be the most patient and all-round technical fount of knowledge; having said that all the forum "experts" have their strengths and weaknesses; so I won`t choose any one person; as I feel that unfair to others.

Speaking of Green-Hornet.Where is he of late?
Been very busy running away from the Tax man :p

I have been dropping in now and again, I have what looks like a busy new year, and I am working over xmas by the looks of things.

I voted for Special but dont tell him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin - happy foryou to re-poll - I did indicate in my original post that not only is this a bit of fun, but that my perception of best posting peeps may need some adjustment.

My real point here is that I know I am not alone in recognising that some of the posters on this forum are highly valued - not just in the advice they give, but in their willingness to devote a considerable amount of time answering posts from people like me (more likely to receive advice than to give it!!).

So rather than just post my thanks - lets have an equivalent of the Sports Personality of the Year - i.e. Spark Personality of the Year! When I startd this, I was unsure how controversial the idea would be - not necessarily about who was nominated (even the Nobel Prize nominations are controversial!!) but whether people on here actually wanted to take part.

I am pleased to see a fair bit of interest, so it may be a good time to re-poll, taking off perhaps those not getting votes, and adding a couple who might get votes!

:Y Merry Christmas - I am saving a few bottles of a Chateauneuf du Pape until Xmas Day, cos I love it. :Y

a tough one this.....

all the nominees are among the best, and a few other notables are missing...

i voted for hornet for great comments and a witty woganesque quality:coat

best wishes

alan