Contactum RCD equivalent or replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topgolfer1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have a very sensitive RCD which keeps tripping at random times,have had the system checked out,and found that its the RCD at fault.

Been to tlc in Bristol as they are Contactum suppliers but they aint got a replacement as my Contactum consumer unit is over 10 years old,they have a 100A, 100 ma one but mine is 100A, 30ma.

So are there equivalent manufacturers I can use that will fit in my consumer unit?

Model number is B10003/2

Cheers and a Merry Xmas.

Rich

So does this RCD control the whole installation if so I would look at getting 17th edition consumer unit with 2 RCD's and RCBO's for cooker and immersion if you have one.

I think the Contactum ones are pretty standard, IIRC pretty much anything should fit in place of a Contactum RCD. Easy enough to tell though once you get them side by side.

If you did want to try a different make an MK Probably would fit as you can fit MK Mcb's and RCBO's in contactum boards hope that helps.

Wow,cheers guys for the rapid responses.

As Batty says,it does control the whole installation,so might look into updating the whole unit,but I only have room for a 8 way consumer unit,so any ones you could recommend?

Wow,cheers guys for the rapid responses.As Batty says,it does control the whole installation,so might look into updating the whole unit,but I only have room for a 8 way consumer unit,so any ones you could recommend?
I would go RCBO route on eight way.

Batty

If there's only enough width for an 8 way could you get a double row board in instead?

If not then change the MCB's for RCBO's.

Latest posts