Easy Cert Users (or potential users)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianmacd

Reaction score
Guys (and gals obviously).

I use easy cert and easy cert mobile when filling out certs and hate having to carry around a pocketpc device as well as an iphone. I asked tysoft about an iphone/ipod touch version of easy cert mobile and they said if there was a demand they would create one but I just wondered if it was just me or if others would find that useful.

Guys (and gals obviously).I use easy cert and easy cert mobile when filling out certs and hate having to carry around a pocketpc device as well as an iphone. I asked tysoft about an iphone/ipod touch version of easy cert mobile and they said if there was a demand they would create one but I just wondered if it was just me or if others would find that useful.
Good Idea (and Poll) Ian. PM a link to "Easy Cert" so he can keep an eye on the demand. He is a forum Member and Sponsor. ;)

I will move this thread to the "Poll Forum".

Obviosly I didn't look very far as to where to put it. Bad me.

What about other mobile devices? Like Blackberrys, the google phone etc?
I don't have one so I don't care ;p. Seariously though, iphone is probably the single biggest mobile platform now.

I've got a BB, Andy has one. They are quite popular too!
My mate, Steve* told me yesterday** that over 75 Million iphones/iPod Touches have been sold***.

* I do not really know Steve but I like to think I do

** He also told everyone else watching his keynote speach

*** That was worldwide not just in the dales.

My mate, Steve* told me yesterday** that over 75 Million iphones/iPod Touches have been sold***.* I do not really know Steve but I like to think I do

** He also told everyone else watching his keynote speach

*** That was worldwide not just in the dales.
ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

It was on the radio Tuesday Last, saying about the profits that the iphone have made the company and that they were now working on something else. Can't remember what though. :_|

I use easy cert and wanted to use my blackberry on sites but it will now support anything but windows based phones.

Ironicly I sold my old phone which was windows based.

He wouldn't have said at the time but released a new product called an iPad yesterday. Kind of like a large iPhone (without the voice part).

I use easy cert and wanted to use my blackberry on sites but it will now support anything but windows based phones.Ironicly I sold my old phone which was windows based.
Yes I have an old Pocket PC that I have had to get a new battery for (30 second runtime on an hours charge is not ideal) but would like to use my iPhone.

I like to write things down so will be sticking with the tried and tested method that works for me :)

i dont use easy cert, and even if i did, i doubt i would use the mobile version. much easier to note details on-site and write cert back at office (or mobile office). at least i dont then have to find a printer to give customer cert there & then

I've looked at easycert recently, and I've also seen other PDA based cert software for things, and have had a go at using it for various tasks. I sold my PDA not long ago as it never got used. I love technology and gadgets and always tried to use it for something but nothing ever did what it was supposed any easier than a pen an paper, job sheets, certs, notes, calendars etc...

Handy for some things, but at the expense of a PDA, and keeping it up to date and working, it doesn't save enough over the much easier and cheaper alternatives IMO (pen and paper ;) ).

I`ve used easycert for a couple of years now (thanks mate ;) ).

I don`t use the mobile version, and don`t currently have any intention of. As Batty says - write `em down on site, and do the certs in the office later.

Can`t see the point in this "do it all e-wise", TBH. No offence to those who do, it just isn`t me.

KME

The kind of areas i'm working in would scratch the crap out of a PDA or any kind of device and the pencil and paper are not a high value theft item either.

I'm doing a periodic which has 52 main and submain DB's altogether, I have prepared 52 schedules and 52 DB's schedules ready to go, i'm currently on DB 26 so just passed half way :) Good thing with pencil and paper, you can scribble down all those extra notes quickly without flaffing with a stylus type thingy. PDA's good for meter readers, bad for sparks ( IMHO ) :)

Good Idea (and Poll) Ian. PM a link to "Easy Cert" so he can keep an eye on the demand. He is a forum Member and Sponsor. ;) I will move this thread to the "Poll Forum".
He's after cream eggs like you offered badgerROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL