2 way lighting circuit diagram

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
Just made one via paint, sorry about the messiness

Can someone check just to see if its correctly wired.

Thanks!!

oh9503.jpg

Forgot the RCD btw

Use brown sleeve not red on the switched live cable from the rose to the first switch. Other than that looks good.

The only observations I would make are;

1/

with these type of drawings often the earth is left off the drawing to make it a little easier to read.

Then stick a comment on the drawing..

"Earths Omitted For Clarity"

for example the two way light, Fig 7.3 in the on site guide, page 63

has NO earths shown. ;)

2/

Don't forget that on some switches terminals are labeled L1, L2 & L3 not C, L1 & L2.

either way you are still right.. :D

a correct drawing!Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Thanks people! Yeh the red sleeving was supposed to be brown but i must have done it by mistake

Hi,

yes it is very good, but.......electrical etiquete would be to use the brown of the three core to link the commons on the switches. it is not a reg but an unwritten rule:coat

the correct name for this type of 2-way is the "conversion method" though electricians on site sometimes refer to it as the " chinese method"

alan

I always use twin brown.
its good but be on your toes ;)

i've heard no end of sparks or mates picking up the wrong drum and hey presto whole ligthing circuit in twin brown ROTFWL

mark that ****** up both sides and loudly as soon as you get it Pray

its good but be on your toes ;) i've heard no end of sparks or mates picking up the wrong drum and hey presto whole ligthing circuit in twin brown ROTFWL

I've heard of one person having done that but have to say I've never made that mistake myself! I always check before pulling it in!

its good but be on your toes ;) i've heard no end of sparks or mates picking up the wrong drum and hey presto whole ligthing circuit in twin brown ROTFWL

Simples you write twin brown on drum. Thats what you said doh

;)