Radiator 1435 x 440mm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking for a price on a new radiator 1435 x 440mm (That is the size on the actual Rad, not including the Pipe connections on the side of it).

Now, I know nothing about plumbing and the terms used, so this may be vague. :_|

It is a singkle skin rad? Connects to 155mm Pipe.

Any idea of what sort of price these are gong for, NEW, please?

And even better, have a direct link to one please?

Many Thanks,

Admin.

PS. I will take a pic of the rad later and post it on here.

It has to go on the existing Pipework of 15mm. :)

Plumb Center do a Center Brand 1400 x 450, and Stelrad do the same size in several models. Both of these come in K1, K2 (single and double convector). The threads on the bottom of the radiators will be 1/2" BSP. If you are using the existing valves ensure they are also 1/2" or if not swap the valves as well. If the width between the pipes is slightly out you can get tail extensions to make up the gap inbetween the valve and rad if required. I believe Screwfix do some adjustable ones in a couple of sizes,

Plumb Center do a Center Brand 1400 x 450, and Stelrad do the same size in several models. Both of these come in K1, K2 (single and double convector). The threads on the bottom of the radiators will be 1/2" BSP. If you are using the existing valves ensure they are also 1/2" or if not swap the valves as well. If the width between the pipes is slightly out you can get tail extensions to make up the gap inbetween the valve and rad if required. I believe Screwfix do some adjustable ones in a couple of sizes,
These babies?

(Clicky pic)

I have used these people in the past..

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Radiators.html

very wide range of shapes & styles..

(fitted complete set of 9 rads for me Mum:x a few years back)

TBH they were better quality rads than the ones from screwfix,

and they were prompt with their delivery...

If I remember right they are part of the Wolsey group..

which includes Plumb Center in its subsidiaries.

You may get a nearer size match?

BTW I would go for NEW valves, wouldn't even bother trying to get the old valve connectors out of the old rad!

Nice new clean threads... Simples to just pop em on the new rad! ;)

coffee

WTF did the coffee machine come from???

You been spending the Sponsors money again Admin??! X( :^O

ROTFWLROTFWL

:coat

TBH they were better quality rads than the ones from screwfix,
I had a couple of rads supplied for a job that came from Screwfix, wasn't all that impressed either TBH.

I had a couple of rads supplied for a job that came from Screwfix, wasn't all that impressed either TBH.
concur! :x

IMHO they are ok for a utility room or maybe hid behind a radiator cabinet..

But I wouldn't put one in a visible location in a domestic environment..

Also the screwfix delivery methods can result in a bent or dented radiator arriving!

The Rads don't fit in any of their standard boxes!!!! :(

I have a plumb Centre by Me (rumour has it that they are closing down).

There is also a PTS in Port Talbot - Any one used their rads before?

Many Thanks,

Admin.

There is also a PTS in Port Talbot - Any one used their rads before?
Not used their rads but their own stuff in general is decent kit and PTS are generally preferred over Plumb Center.

Hello all,I am looking for a price on a new radiator 1435 x 440mm (That is the size on the actual Rad, not including the Pipe connections on the side of it).

Now, I know nothing about plumbing and the terms used, so this may be vague. :_|

It is a singkle skin rad? Connects to 155mm Pipe.

Any idea of what sort of price these are gong for, NEW, please?

And even better, have a direct link to one please?

Many Thanks,

Admin.

PS. I will take a pic of the rad later and post it on here.
Single radiator of a 6" pipe

Thanks JL.

I have decided to remove all old paint and then to re-paint it.

I would use enamel, But I haven't got any in stock.

I will post some before, during and after pics up on here, when I have done it.

Many Thanks for your replies,

Admin.

caustic soda does it ... we used to have them dipped at the local car radiator repair shop.

i personally would just buy a new 1 mate .. they are as cheap as chips at the min x

I have done it now though. :(

Stripped the paint that is.

The rad, so far (sorry for the poor image quality on pic 4, it was taken on my moblie :_| ) .

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

That's not come up too bad TBF. I'd spray it myself though, can;t stand painted radiators!