Bosch or Makita ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't really compare them one has li-ion cells one has ni-mh cells so not really fair comparison. Surely they have to be to same spec. Personally I use Hilti although I may go for Bosch next time if 3 yr warranty is any good.

Makita has lithium ion batteries - more power, less weight, no memory probs. Plus IMO Makita is the better make.

I have the Makita BHP451RFE

It is the best drill I've ever owned. Had a Ni-cad 24V Bosch before this but the batteries where ***ked.

You will not be disappointed with this Makita. Battery charges in 22mins and seems to last forever.

I use the batteries for my torch, radio etc.. The only problem with the L ion torch is that the battery does not fade - it just stops working. No good if you are 30M into a dark space and the torch simply stops.

for that price you can get the bosch with li on batteries. (as above) Ive got that exact drill, but 5 batteries (i didnt pay for 3 extra either)

Brilliant drill.

Makita all the way. It's all I've ever used for drills for the last 15 Years.

I currently use dewalt as I used to use elu. Choosing between the 2 above it would be makita although I do not like the way their li-ion bats are not backwards compatible.

Thanks for the input chaps. I did mean to link to the Bosch with Lithium batteries.

Seems the vote is going the way of the Makita, though the 3 year warranty on the Bosch is a big plus. Makita don't seem to have the same faith in their own product, offering only the standard 1 year. Otherwise, on paper at least, the two seem very well matched for features and sturdy construction.

Keep voting and adding your comments. I haven't decided yet.

Would that be the one with the Ni-Cad batteries?
Amazingly , it doesn't say, I just read all through the paperwork, nothing other than they are either Ni-Cad or Ni- MH .

Ithought I read somewhere they were Lithium Crystal ( or were they powering the Starship Enterprise)

Amazingly , it doesn't say, I just read all through the paperwork, nothing other than they are either Ni-Cad or Ni- MH .
Red = Ni-Cad, Black = Ni-Mh.

Latest posts